VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I know it has been awhile (6 months!) since I posted on VB, but I am ready to come back with a vengeance!

My brother is getting married in six weeks and I have gained a couple pounds since I picked up my dress and I am going to work my hardest to get those few pounds off (I am hoping for about 10).

So I will use this thread to keep you updated on my little journey that is going to start Tuesday!

It is great to see you all again and I plan to stick around this time!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Why Tuesday? Why not today?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freesia -- Yeah, this really stemmed from a dream I had that freaked me out so I am very committed right now lol!

Cyclone -- because it is a Holiday and I can't get top the gym, many of the parks are closed for evening activities, And I am going to try and get to the store, but with traffic, there are almost no guarantees. I figured for sanity's sake, Tuesday was the better option.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikat View Post

It is great to see you all again and I plan to stick around this time!
Sure that's what you said last time then poof you disappeared.
Good luck on your journey and I hope you have a good time at the wedding

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I know what that's like...I have 3 months to fit back into my size 6 dress for a wedding. I'll be sweatin' right there with ya

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I just worked out for 50 minutes and it felt so good! Nevermind I couldn't see from the sweat lol!

Now, I just need to survive work. *Sigh*

·
Registered
622 Posts
How much do you want to lose in total? I'm down about 80lbs so if I can help stalk me

·
Registered
814 Posts
Annikat what changes, other than exercising, have you made?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carley -- for the wedding, 5-10 overall, about 200. (I still shake my head at that)

Cyclone -- I am trying to do better about eating in my calories, replacing junk snacks like cookies, with healthier snacks like pretzels. Drinking more water and less of caloric drinks...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikat View Post

Carley -- for the wedding, 5-10 overall, about 200. (I still shake my head at that)

Cyclone -- I am trying to do better about eating in my calories, replacing junk snacks like cookies, with healthier snacks like pretzels. Drinking more water and less of caloric drinks...
Annikat no need to shake your head. I lost 110lb myself and know from experience that looking at the big number does nothing but drive you crazy.

You sound like you are on the right track just be careful that what you perceive as a healthy snack actually is. I know in Australia that pretzels are deceivingly higher in calories per portion than they appear.

CT x

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, I went to try my dress on yesterday to see if it still fit okay and it was actually a little bigger! I know that doesn't mean I can go gung ho eating whatever I want, but it also lessens the stress a little.

Though in my overzealousness when I was at the gym Tuesday, I was working out and got a little too into it, and pulled a muscle in my knee, so I am now icing that until it is no longer swollen. I will pick back up Monday (I have an early shift tomorrow and then the gym is closed for the weekend)

·
Registered
814 Posts
How are you going Annikat?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

How are you going Annikat?
Well, I had some emotional trauma the last 6 weeks and if any work was done for the wedding, I totally undid it. Sunday starts anew though and I have a new challenge. 50 pounds in 6 months.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Anni,
I'm glad you responded, because I was wondering too
. Glad to hear that you're gearing up for a new goal. I'm in a similar situation - I want to lose 30 pounds by July because I'm visiting the States then (I'm currently living in Israel) to do a 4 week certification course and I don't want to be the fattest person in the room! So good luck to you!

Tam

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Annikat, are you following any kind of program, or fitness routine?
For example, counting calories with fitday.com, or points with weight watchers?
Do you journal your food, and log your exercise minutes?

I'm asking because I find, in my experience (I have lost 155 lbs over the course of a few years), that keeping myself accountable with food journals, exercise plans, and LOTS of water/sleep, is the only way to get where I want to be with weight loss.

Let me know if you need any help! My boyfriend is also a personal trainer so anything I don't know - he does! (We make a great team, I'm the food expert and he's the exercise expert and together, we are pretty dang healthy
)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts