VeggieBoards banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for mentioning EcologyFund.com LINDS.. I was going to but you beat me to it! I have these sites on my favorites listed as "CLICK ME EVERYDAY"..so most of the time I do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi,

Their are actully foods for animals that have no meat in them. My Dad found some "healthy" biscuits at a whole foods store for their dog! Plus I do believe that the dry foods are not all made with real meat........hmmm??!! Curious now! I have to go read all my animals food bags!! *wink*

xoxox

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Heard that the animal rescue site is not getting enough clicks. Not sure if that is true, but it doesn't hurt to click

www.theanimalrescuesite.com
I have been clicking every day since I found out about this site. I, of course, also click on all the affiliated sites. I click on all the Care2 and EcologyFund sites also. Recently I found out about another one for Farm Animal Reform Movement at http://veggiedirectory.com/.

I have listed all these animal and environmental links on my site (http://cyberactivist.blogspot.com) in the "Donate for Free" section, hoping I can get other people to do this. I have gotten my mother to go to animalrescuesite and care2, but that's it. I find that it takes very little of my time to do this and if I can help in this way, I am more than glad to do it. Once you are in the habit of doing it every day, it is no problem. I like climbing the levels at care2 and since I referred my mother, I can see her clicks, too. That has been good because I could "remind" her when she started getting lazy. Now she rarely misses a day.

I don't know how many of you go to care2, but a couple of months ago or so, they added a "click." It doesn't donate to anything, but is a "daily action" click. This has been informative and quite good at helping me tread a little lighter on the Earth. For the things that I was already educated about, it is always a good reminder that the little choices we make every day can add up to a lot. Keep clicking!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yay! I can go there again! I don't know what the problem was.

I ended up emailing the link out to a bunch of people knowing that most would just delete it. That was many months ago.

Tonight I speaking to my younger sister and she asked me if I would like something from the animal rescue site catalog for xmas! I had no idea she was going there, but apparently she has been putting in a click a day since she got that email. And I was so surprised that she actually thought about getting me a gift from a place like that. My family is incredibly shallow for the most part, but it seems there is hope for some afterall!

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can sign up for reminder emails too. they only send them on weekdays. i get them and i click the animal rescue site as well as the other 4 affiliated sites. it takes less than a minute and is just about the easiest thing you can do to help some animals, needy children, women with breast cancer, the rain forest, and people in hunger all at the same time.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I no longer go there.

My dislike for pop up ads and spyware overrides my desire to help send a couple pennies a day.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm glad this post came to the front again, I had the Animal Rescue Site in my Favorites for a long time, but I had a major crash and burn a couple weeks ago and lost all my favorites. I've been trying ever since to remember all the links I had.

I added it again to my favorites. I also click the Rainforest Rescue button, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here at The Fund for Animals, we do receive thousands of dollars each month from the Animal Rescue Site. We use that donated money to feed the rescued animals at our Black Beauty Ranch sanctuary -- which is much needed when we are caring for more than 1,100 rescued animals such as elephants, horses, burros, and many more.

Another way you can help, besides clicking for free on the Animal Rescue Site, is by purchasing a "Rescued Wild Horse Food Kit" to help us feed rescued horses at Black Beauty Ranch. More information is here:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...omponent.0.0.0

Thank you,

Michael Markarian

President

The Fund for Animals

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedViking View Post

One problem:

They're definitely feeding the animals meat. Is it really worth it to end one animals suffering at the cost of anothers, and lose money in the process?

We really don't make the world a better place by putting more suffering on the cows and less suffering on the pets just because we are emotionally more connected to the pets.

-Eric
i agree 100%. it's sad that these poor creatures are in this situation but feeding them other animals is also wrong. two wrongs don't make a right. no clicks from me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts