VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this today and thought it was quite cool so I am sharing it here!

http://thirty5.org/ipod/

It's an organized folder you put on your iPod and then when you view the notes you can go through and find different ingredients you're unsure of and see if they're animal derived or not


Very handy for me since I keep my grocery list on my iPod in the same area ^_^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,875 Posts
Please excuse this old bump
Might be nice to remind people of this though.

I'm trying to get the animal ingredients list on my ipod that I just got for Christmas and I can't do it. I've never had an ipod before and I'm just not this computer savvy. Took me 2 days just to figure out the music stuff. Now I need to do this and then figure out podcasts.

Can anyone help me out? I've gone through the ipod manulas online and read everything I can about it for a few days and I'm just stuck! They don't make those manulas user freindly At All
I've got the new nano video one.

Thanx!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

I figured it out!!! It only took me 5 straight hours of struggling with this thing but I got it! I'm listening to the compassionate cooks podcast right now. It's fabulous!
I apologize for not responding sooner regarding the troubles you were having with the iPod list... If you have any further problems, or anything of the sort, please let me know!

Perhaps I need to write some better instructions for loading the list onto an iPod...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotism View Post

I apologize for not responding sooner regarding the troubles you were having with the iPod list... If you have any further problems, or anything of the sort, please let me know!

Perhaps I need to write some better instructions for loading the list onto an iPod...
Are you the creator of the program that allows me to have it on my ipod? If so, let me just say, Thank You Big! It was really really difficult but I'm not always good with figuring out new things quickly. Once I got it I was thrilled. It's a fabulous program


I've known about it for awhile but just got an ipod for Christmas. It was pretty neat that Veg Times mentioned it in their Veg 25. Perfect timing on their part


Again, thank you! And welcome to VeggieBoards!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

Are you the creator of the program that allows me to have it on my ipod? If so, let me just say, Thank You Big! It was really really difficult but I'm not always good with figuring out new things quickly. Once I got it I was thrilled. It's a fabulous program
I am the creator of the iPod list, but the credit goes to the folks who compiled the sources (if you learn of any discrepancies within the list, please let me know so I can adjust the list for further release
)

Would you mind telling me where you found trouble with the instructions, or where my instructions fell apart for you? I'd like to make everything as clear as possible, and realize that the intricacies of the iPod are not everyone's forte


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

Again, thank you! And welcome to VeggieBoards!!!
Thank you for such a warm welcome! I visit this place somewhat regularly, but never had a reason to post until now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotism View Post

I am the creator of the iPod list, but the credit goes to the folks who compiled the sources (if you learn of any discrepancies within the list, please let me know so I can adjust the list for further release
)

Would you mind telling me where you found trouble with the instructions, or where my instructions fell apart for you? I'd like to make everything as clear as possible, and realize that the intricacies of the iPod are not everyone's forte


Thank you for such a warm welcome! I visit this place somewhat regularly, but never had a reason to post until now
Sure thing! I couldn't figure out how to get it to load. First of all, I had to unzip it. Ok, I figured that out (and you are probably laughing) but it took me a minute. Then, there's no "notes" section to add it to in itunes. So I had to actually go and select the file, unzip it, and move it through copying and pasting to the itunes folder. The unzipped file was still there, blocking the addition of the new file so I had to figure out how to do that too. After reading all the itunes manuals I still didn't understand what I was doing wrong. I eventually got it to go in the "notes" section but only through sheer luck of deciding to do it through my "windows e" key. I think that's just called "My Computer". I tried a mazillion different ways of getting it to select it from itunes as a new folder/file, to import it, and to recognize it from my external hardrive to no avail.

I pray that made one iota of sense


I'm thrilled you finally had a reason to post. I must say, your knowledge and passion is surely valuable here. I'd love it if you stuck around and contributed
Again, thank you for putting together this comprehensive, compatible, easy to use (after loading it- lol) file. It will surely ease and change my shopping.

Happy New Year To You!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvegan View Post

That is a list you don't want to see, entropy. I only use ubuntu, and I don't think my rip-off cooler than cool gtkpod program can do stuff like that.
I use Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hipo and gtkpod is a nice software where you can manage your iPoD and do whatever you want (and you can browse the iPoD as well)

You can download both from Synaptic Package Manager. Sorry, the second one unsure if it's spelled like that. I uninstalled it time ago because I'm not using my iPoD now, but it was great (however, it "fights" with the Windows iTunes)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

I pray that made one iota of sense
Your struggle made perfect sense to me, and also made me realize that the extended instructions available on the page (which walk one through the install step-by-step via a weird drop-down menu) can become hidden from folks. I will rework the page to make the expanded instructions more obvious to everyone. I have received a few emails that have extended a similar frustration to yours, although I admit I didn't see the placement of problem until now... thank you for explaining your difficulty!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top