Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

The Portugal Post Office is promoting a contest to create a stamp. The animals theme has already won in the first phase of the contest, along with other themes like Car Tuning and Motors.

Among with some pointless car stamps there is one which I think that deserves our attention. It has a strong message which will travel all around the world.

It's so rare to have these kind of opportunities that I think it would be fastastic if it wins the contest. Only 1 stamp can win, so I ask you dearly to vote on this stamp.

Stamp Image

To vote, you just have to write your email address in the textbox.

A validation email will be sent to you immediately, which you have to click on the first link to validate your vote. Please vote here, and click "Enviar" after typing your email: http://www.aquihaselo.com/Vote.aspx?idUser=2044

1 email = 1 vote so please pass the word to your friends!

We have to win against car tuning and portuguese singers. They can be pretty important but animals are far more important, so that's why we can't waste this opportunity!

Thank you all so much for reading!

Brown

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone here really cares about animal cruelty? Or do you just joined a veg forum cause it's fashion?

Please don't take me wrong but I expected more from you all, otherwise I wouldn't have come here asking for your help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
First of all, give it time.

Some people can vote and not reply.

Being rude won't make anyone want to help you, how are you going to help animals?

Fashion? Are you...serious? Read around and you can tell a lot of us care deeply about animals, including myself. Not sure why you're so impatient, but you do not need to insult a board of great people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
animallover7249: I insulted the board? Omg, you are so sensible. Can I say this? Or is that too rude for you too?

Impatient? Give it time? I'm demotivated cause I see a stamp about car tuning or a singer that no one knows or no one cares about, in the first places, and here this thread is drowning more each day.

In case you haven't realized, this is a superb opportunity to send message to the entire world, and for free!!! We are all are deeply exhausted about animal cruelty. This is a serious matter everyone should quickly take action. Many anti-cruelty organizations do a lot of effort in campaigns, spend a lot of money and human-resources. This would cost millions and we can take it for free, but we are losing for car tuning and singers. So? I'm impatient? Yes I am.

For those who have voted, thanks! Please ask your friends to vote!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Being rude won't make anyone want to help you, how are you going to help animals?

Fashion? Are you...serious? Read around and you can tell a lot of us care deeply about animals, including myself. Not sure why you're so impatient, but you do not need to insult a board of great people.
iawtp.

Also, VB isn't filled with people 24/7.

I voted though.

Note - it doesn't seem to accept hotmail email addresses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately not, isowish.

Please try using a non-hotmail address. We usually have several email addresses, I would be greatly appreciated if you use all of them. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post

unfortunately not, isowish.

Please try using a non-hotmail address. We usually have several email addresses, I would be greatly appreciated if you use all of them. Thank you so much!
yeah, I did that. I was just adding a note for people who don't have non-hotmail email addresses.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I only have hotmail.

And forgive me if this is really, really stupid, but if this is for a stamp Portugal, why is "Stop Animal Cruelty" written in English?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right then..

Every stamp a post office uses is not just for the country itself. A letter can travel all around the world, so that's why it is written in English or do you know Portuguese?

The picture is just blood, meaning destruction, killing, etc.. What's really important is the message it represents.

Little doggies happily running on a green grass represents nothing and doesn't rise the awareness the world needs.

If you care about cows being slaughtered alive, turkeys, chickens living their entire lifes in a cage or every dog, cat, mice, and monkeys dying in lab tables, then you would care to help us promote this message to the world voting on this stamp.

Thank you

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Ah. You should change the slogan to "Stamp Out Animal Cruelty" because that would be clever, and then people would laugh and laugh and then stop eating meat and be nice again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
animallover7249 said:

THE STAMP IS QUESTION HAS BEEN AT Nº1 FOR DAYS, WHICH HAS GOT TO MEAN THAT SOME PEOPLE REALLY CARE FOR ANIMALS AND HAVE VISION AND THEREFORE REALIZE WHAT A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY THIS IS TO SPREAD THIS CRUCIAL MESSAGE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. VEGANISABEL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Hi everybody!

The Portugal Post Office is promoting a contest to create a stamp. The animals theme has already won in the first phase of the contest, along with other themes like Car Tuning and Motors.

Among with some pointless car stamps there is one which I think that deserves our attention. It has a strong message which will travel all around the world.

It's so rare to have these kind of opportunities that I think it would be fastastic if it wins the contest. Only 1 stamp can win, so I ask you dearly to vote on this stamp.

Stamp Image

To vote, you just have to write your email address in the textbox.

A validation email will be sent to you immediately, which you have to click on the first link to validate your vote. Please vote here, and click "Enviar" after typing your email: http://www.aquihaselo.com/Vote.aspx?idUser=2044

1 email = 1 vote so please pass the word to your friends!

We have to win against car tuning and portuguese singers. They can be pretty important but animals are far more important, so that's why we can't waste this opportunity!

Thank you all so much for reading!

Brown
GREAT STAMP. WHAT A GOLDEN OPORTUNITY TO SPREAD A MESSAGE OF COMPASSION FOR THE ANIMALS ALL AROUND THE GLOBE.

VEGANISABEL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Right then..

Every stamp a post office uses is not just for the country itself. A letter can travel all around the world, so that's why it is written in English or do you know Portuguese?

The picture is just blood, meaning destruction, killing, etc.. What's really important is the message it represents.

Little doggies happily running on a green grass represents nothing and doesn't rise the awareness the world needs.

If you care about cows being slaughtered alive, turkeys, chickens living their entire lifes in a cage or every dog, cat, mice, and monkeys dying in lab tables, then you would care to help us promote this message to the world voting on this stamp.

Thank you
WHAT ARE THE WORDS THE PORTUGUESE ARE SUPPOSED NOT TO UNDERSTAND? IS IT STOP? IS IT ANIMAL (!?)? CAN'T THEY WORK OUT THE WORD CRUELTY BY THEMSELVES?

IF LETTERS ARE SENT ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE A MESSAGE IN PORTUGUESE DOESN'T HELP ABROAD (EXCEPT IN BRAZIL AND VERY FEW OTHER PLACES), THEREFORE THE SLOGAN IN ENGLAND IS THE RIGHT CHOICE.

THE STAMP HAS BEEN AT Nº 1 FOR DAYS, SO MORE PEOPLE SEEM TO FIND THE ABOVE PRETTY OBVIOUS! VEGANISABEL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm Afraid You Haven't Thought It Through. A Slogan In English Makes The Message Understood All Over The World. And In Portugal People Will Understand It Too. What Is It You Find So Difficult To Understand? The Word 'stop'? The Word 'animal'? The Word 'cruelty'? Stamps Are Stuck On Letters And Letters Are Sent To All Places. People Don't Write Only To Addresses Inland, Loads Of Letters Go Abroad. This Is Why It Was A Very Clever Decision To Use A Slogan In English And An Easily Understood One Veganisabel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stamp Out Is Indeed Clever But It Would Only Be Understood In English Speaking Countries. Few People Would Understand It In Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Etc Etc

You Haven't Thought It Through, I'm Afraid...

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Geezus. Gonna have to put boots on to wade through this thread.

Quote:

Thank you
This is an unfair statement. Just because someone doesn't agree with how YOU feel about this stamp, doesn't meant that they don't care. Perhaps they feel different methods of raising awareness are more effective.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
veganisabel = brown?

nope im not voting =D

dont care what the message is, looks like it was made in word art and quite frankly youre rude

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Tame, that's the spirit! For you, Cars are far more important than spreading the word about animal cruelty to the 4 coners of the world. Thank you.

Pirate Ferret, no I'm not veganisabel, and btw the stamp was not made in word art. You believe in whatever you want.

--

I sorry you people didn't understand the importance of this worldwide campaign, and shame on you by calling me rude when you vote on other stamps and tell this here to provoke me, criticizing the stamp saying that it was made in word art, means nothing, is awful, whatever, etc.. I didn't get not even 1 word of support from a board where I thought people would care more about this matter. I came here in peace, looking for help and you just critize.

I'm not telling you people to love the stamp. I know it could be better, but what matters is to take the message to the entire world where animals are more and more subjected to cruelty.

All this seem not to bother you since this as being a subject only to make fun of. I'm so sorry.

I won't come here anymore since I tend to get away from people who hurt me without no reason.

I'm sorry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.