VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday at work, i saw something that made me cry with anger and sadness.

the washington humane society brought in a pit bull that was so emaciated that, not only could you see every single bone in his body, but you could see his heart beating through his chest. he could barely hold his head up. according to the officer, his owners had broken up, left the house, and left him there for weeks with no food or water. this poor dog was so sweet and so affectionate. how could any person with a soul do that??

a few hours later, 2 more pits were brought in the same condition. a pit puppy was brought in because it had been thrown against a wall by an adult. a kitten was brought in because someone dropped a brick on it.

my work can be really really depressing.

does anyone know of any groups i could join that would allow me to become more active in trying to prevent domestic animal abuse? it makes me so angry that some of these pets go back to their owners. if i had room in my apartment with my 3 dogs, i would foster every one of these animals. i just feel like there's more i could do, and i want to do all i can to help this cause.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they've got him on fluids right now...he seems to be energetic enough to give kisses when you pet him. so, i guess that's a good sign. he didn't want to take a treat yesterday, though. im going to see him later today and ill get a better idea of how he's doing.

i know whs is going to investigate and try to arrest the subhumans who did this. i really hope they do.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the other 2 weren't quite as bad. i think they'll be fine with some tlc. the kitten ended up with 2 broken legs. poor little guy has casts almost the size of his little body. he's really cute and affectionate, though.

the pit puppy ended up with a broken leg, and is being adopted by one of the supervisors at my work.
he's a spunky little guy.

im from texas, too!! im surprised they have laws like that in texas. good to hear. what kind of a psycho would do that??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.