VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister bought some Angel Delight today and is currently eating it. I am jealous =(

So has anyone seen a vegan version? Online or otherwise. I googled to no avail. Im allergic to strawberries by the way, so obviously dont want that flavour.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
Hmmm... Been googling homemade angel delight and one recipe I keep seeing is to make jelly up with milk instead of water.. So maybe get some vegetarian jelly crystals and make it up with some soy/oat/rice milk and that might work? I don't know...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
^ Yeah I'm pretty sure angel delight is just jelly made with milk, there's a LOT of vegan jelly out there (I haven't eaten it for a long time but I used to buy it all the time!) and my mum made some with rice milk once to make angel delight and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you guys are thinking of Blancmange - isnt that made with milk+jelly? at least thats how my nan used to make it.
I may have to try it anyway... but what flavour would work? Ive never seen chocolate or butterscotch jelly haha. Orange maybe?!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I think you guys are thinking of Blancmange - isnt that made with milk+jelly? at least thats how my nan used to make it.
I may have to try it anyway... but what flavour would work? Ive never seen chocolate or butterscotch jelly haha. Orange maybe?!
Ooh yeah, I think I am.

Haha, yeah I am, ignore me then. I don't think I've ever had angel delight then.

My mum did either strawberry or raspberry I think.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought some a couple of fourpacks of Alpro soya desserts from the "Free from" section in my local Tesco the other day. The caramel one is Divine! and reminds me so much of butterscotch angel delight. The dark chocolate ones I found a bit too rich for my liking and very chocolatey, but I am sure plenty of people will love them. The great thing about the desserts is they are just on the shelf so don't need refridgerating and have a shelf life of around six months. I put mine in the fridge though as I prefer them served chilled.

You can see them here http://www.alprosoya.co.uk/soya-products/desserts.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey,

I realise this is a really old post so I probably wont get a reply, but has anybody tried making angel delight with coconut milk? I know you can make it with soya milk and rice milk, but I think it would taste nice to have a slightly coconutty flavour to the angel delight, and i don't really like the taste of soy milk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

You can probably make any powdered item (angel delight/birds dry custard etc) with a non cow milk.
ok I'm gonna go and try it, I'll post here if it works

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW!!!!!!

Tastes amazing, i made a chocolate one and the texture is really light and fluffy andit tastes really chocolatey with just a slight coconut after-taste.... I think im in love

·
Registered
37 Posts
ack. i always remember hating angel delight but now you all seem to be raving over it i want to try it again....

(i had weird food issues as a child and most things i hated i now love - eg. macaroni cheese, tomato soup, custard, angel delight)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts