VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at getting a new phone and im torn between the samsung galaxy, the android whatever, the newest blackberry, or the iphone 3 or 4. doesany body have any of these ad would you recomend them. my bf has the iphone so i know how it works a stuff but i kind of want something different. also can you get awesome apps on all the phones like angry birds and stuff

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have an iPhone 4. Upgraded from an iPhone 3g. Love it.

I also have a work BB. Hate it.

In my opinion, BB is heading down. Whomp. Go check out the phones in the stores to see which ones you like the best.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was trying to look at them in the store but when i was looking at the blackberry they needed to show it to another customer so they shoood me away. and all the other ones had a fake screen on the so i couldnt play around. thats why i wanted to get some ppls opinions

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
My mom just left Blackberry for the iPhone 4. She hated the blackberry, and I'd personally never consider getting one. They're hard to use, outdated, and frustrating with all the problems they cause.

Samsung phones are awful. They outdate too fast and they don't usually get Android updates, and when they do they get them very late. Also the Samsung hardware is bad and breaks way too easily and is built on the cheap.

If you're considering another android phone, it might be good. HTC Androids are feature wise better than iPhones and are the best phones out there if your into the newest and best phones and are tech-savvy. They've got a lot of customization and are fun phones. I wouldnt get any other android because they don't keep up with the great changing android software and they break much easier than HTC's. My grandpa has the Thunderbolt and loves it.

I went with the iPhone 4 over the HTC Thunderbolt because iPhone 4 is the best phone for you if you like some opportunity to use great features, but also want a phone thats reliable with a polished software, and also has great app support. I got it also mainly because my mom had one and wanted me to get one with her since we had upgrades at the same time, and now we can videochat, play games together, share apps, etc. When she buys music or movies, I get them, too, and it's also the same with apps, so that's great, too. If you like music or movies that's worth getting the iPhone over an android. I have a large collection of digital copies so it's nice to use the movies on my phone. The hardware and appearance is great, too. It may not be up to date for big techies, but it's very current for the majority of people, and it doesn't have the bugs of android, so your getting a much better polished phone and user experience.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a blackberry but I've never known any other phone. I think I would prefer an iphone, because I'm original like that

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I did a lot of research on cell phones last month and I went with the Motorola Atrix (now they have the Atrix 2 which has 1080p video recording, but only 8GB of memory). My Atrix has a dual core processor, Nvidia graphics, 16GB of memory, a micro-SD card slot for up to 16GB of more memory, Android 2.2 (with Flash support), etc, etc.

The Samsung Galaxy is a slightly superior phone in terms of processing power, but check out their battery life: 3 hours talk time. The Atrix gives you 9 hours.

I love this phone and I recommend it.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
What will you be using the phone here? What do you expect from the phone? For example, I chose the iPhone over an Android partly because I like apps, and iPhones have better app support. Android has a lot of apps but iPhone gets big name apps first and has a lot of exclusive big name apps. FarmVille and Netflix were big reasons at the time for me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got an iphone
and apparently att doesnt sell and android oops i thought that was what i was looking at but it was not an android it was something else

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
At and T sells some android phones I think, but they don't sell Verizon's Droid brand of Androids. At and T has some motorola, samsungs, and HTC's but they dont go under the droid name
Do you like your iPhone? Is it the iPhone 3, 4, or 4s?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got the 4s. i am having so many problems. i dont know if im just dumb or whats going on. first i couldnt get it hooked up to my wifi because it said it wanted my password so i tried my password that i wrote down like 100 different ways in case i wrote it wrong. well apparently it wanted my security key not my password. whatev thats taken care of. then i couldnt get itunes to work 2 hours later i figured that out. now i cant use ANY of my apps. now i really dont think this one is just me being dumb. i think this is something wrong with my phone. the only solutions other people on the internet have are a) restart your phone. i did that b) erase your apps and reinstall them. that does work but i dont want to do that everytime i want to use one thats just dumb. and c) take it somewhere im going to the att store on wendsady but im afraid there gonna send me to the apple store which is not close to me at all. its an hour and a half away.

if anyone is having the app problem suggestions would be much appreciated

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
I can't help you with your iphone, I hope it gets straightened out soon! I just wanted to defend the Samsung Galaxy android phone, I think someone was talking smack about my phone earlier in the thread?
Well seriously, I love this phone, have had it 11 months and no problems. Battery life is great as long as you put a task manager on there and kill tasks, and don't leave GPS and wifi on unless you're using them. I've dropped it on the driveway several times, no case on it, where the battery flies out, etc, just a couple tiny scratches, can't see them when the phone is on. I love the apps, love the bright screen, love the fact you can jailbreak it so easily and put a real operating system on there, OK I have a problem, i admit it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

i got the 4s. i am having so many problems. i dont know if im just dumb or whats going on. first i couldnt get it hooked up to my wifi because it said it wanted my password so i tried my password that i wrote down like 100 different ways in case i wrote it wrong. well apparently it wanted my security key not my password. whatev thats taken care of. then i couldnt get itunes to work 2 hours later i figured that out. now i cant use ANY of my apps. now i really dont think this one is just me being dumb. i think this is something wrong with my phone. the only solutions other people on the internet have are a) restart your phone. i did that b) erase your apps and reinstall them. that does work but i dont want to do that everytime i want to use one thats just dumb. and c) take it somewhere im going to the att store on wendsady but im afraid there gonna send me to the apple store which is not close to me at all. its an hour and a half away.

if anyone is having the app problem suggestions would be much appreciated
What is the problem you are having with your apps? Are you signed in to the right Apple ID, the Apple ID that you purchased the apps with?

If it is a problem with the phone, when did you buy it? If you're still within the exchange timeframe, I'd suggest exchanging it at ATT. Also, hate to say it, but if you take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store, they should be able to fix it or exchange right away.

The users in the MacRumors.com forum are fairly helpful (just be thorough in your explanation). Also, Apple's website (Support section) is usually pretty helpful in figuring things out.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I'm very happy with my iPhone. Yes, there are some issues with Apple like flash, and the iTunes program is a stupid, ugly and unituitive piece of ****, but apart from that, it is the techie-est, sexiest looking and smoothest operating piece of mobile machinery on the market.
I've had other brands of phones before, but after using the iPhone for a few years now, all other phones look and feel kind of cheap and crappy to me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

What apps are you having problems with, and what happens when you try to use them?
all of them. i downloaded maybe 15 apps of all different kinds, a music app, a few vegetarian apps, a couple games, and a few others and NONE of them will open. when i click on them the phone blinks and takes me back to my home screen. it will not open any of them up. except for the ones that came with the phone of course. they did work and then they just stopped. they were fully downloaded because like i said i used them all when i first downloaded them to make sure that they worked and then all at once they all stopped working. if i erase them and put them back on there that did work but i think i said this earliar i really dont want to do that everytime i want to use an app.

and i just got this phone on saturday. i REALLY dont want to drive an hour and a half for a stupid phone but its lookin like i may have to. im going to att tomorow or maybe even today after work. well see what happens i guess

1 - 20 of 35 Posts