VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a big honkin' rattle snake yesterday!

sweeeeeeeet! i love love love snakes! i see copperheads and black and rat snakes all the time..but rattle snakes, ah but they are rare! especially here.

i saw one when i was backpacking in the black hills. little rattle snake (tiny, like 2 feet) by our water source...

but this guy was awsome...a timber rattlesnake, about 4 plus feet long, still pretty small but absolutely gorgeous. we were in the truck, going back to the barn from work and the little guy was crossing an old gravel road.

luckily i had my camera handy (woohoo, the one day i remembered that thing) so i got a couple pics...yeah! very cool.

then i had a yellow jacket in my pants. in my pants...in my PANTS??how did that thing get in there? ILOVEPAIN!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fuun. I found a spider yesterday downstairs. A honkin big one, just a wee bit smaller than a tarantula. Much as I don't mind spiders, I can't say I'm fond of really big ones. It's now somewhere in my utility room...aka laundry room. Lovely.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can handle spiders..um, for the most part. one of the girls i work with got bit a couple weeks ago by a brown recluse and yucko. those things are brutal. my brother just had to move out of his apt because it was literally invaded with brown recluses. again, ew. the tool shed where i work is covered and crawling with the things. it's amazing no one else has gotten bit by one.

give me snakes any day.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah. I like snakes. I don't like spiders too much.....I think this was just a really well-fed european house spider...

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
When I was about 8 I was eating dinner in a Chinese restaurant with my parents and siblings (my brother is 3 1/3 yrs older and my sister is 4 1/2 yrs younger) and we were always very well behaved in public, which is why we got to eat at nice restaurants with our parents, and in the middle of dinner that night I 'randomly' started hysterically crying. My mom took me into the bathroom to figure out what was wrong, little sister in tow as always, and she lifted my skirt and out flew a yellowjacket which had stung me on my thigh. My mom, my sister and I then all started screaming (and it was a really small restaurant) and my mom squashed the yellowjacket (then out for blood) and we all returned to dinner. HAHA. The owner of the restaurant brought me some ice for my leg. It was quite the experience...

On another note...

Snakes are cool

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If I saw a snake in my path, I would run so fast in the opposite direction that I would probably break the sound barrier and I would be screaming all the way. I can't believe you got close enough to take pictures of it!!!
You must be a very brave person.

Sorry to here about the yellow jacket in your pants - I hope you recover from the pain.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but i'm a chick!

actually the thing didn't sting my ass, it stung my finger when i reached down to figure out what the hell was going on.

...when i was little, my older sister was giving me a piggy back ride and she saw a snake. she then proceeded to quite literally hurl my 4 year old body onto the ground, right next to this poisonous water moccasin. perhaps this is why i have no fear of snakes?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Niiiice! You'd think I'd be scared of snakes after having a python wrapped around my neck at the age of 5, but I loved it then, and I love it now!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Snakes are awesome! When I was 6 or 7 I found a garter snake that was stuck in a storm drain near my house. I wanted to save it, but it was pretty freaked out and probably would've bitten anything that stuck their hand down there. So I didn't. I went back the next day and it wasn't there, so I can only assume that it found its way out.

Rattlesnakes are quite the unusual and impressive sight! I wish I'd see one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
One of my friends has this cute 3.5 foot python. It's an awesome pet, but I wouldn't want to have one. She feeds it live mice. *shudders*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts