VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
11,550 Posts
Quote:
Well, my doctor took me off of Prozac. Because I feel like a zombie still so it isn't doing anything. He has now put me on a high dose of elavil. He thinks it might be a sleeping problem. If this doesn't work, then I'm off to a sleep clinic. Has anyone ever taken elavil? How many of you have gained weight while on it?

I'm so stressed about all of this.
it must be horribly frustrating. it sounds like you're being taken seriously by your doc though, which is a plus- and if he's gonna send you to a sleep clinic if these drugs don't work, you might find you get to the bottom of things pretty soon. amitriptyline (elavil) didn't make me fat, it just made me very jittery and i found it hard to focus my eyes. i'm sure you'll be ok though- just hang in there, and see how it goes!

Quote:
I've been on Trazodone for about eight years to treat a chronic sleep disturbance, and I haven't gained a pound.
m.t.ness: i was on trazodone for a while- it has sedative properties as well as antidepressant ones: just out of curiousity, don't you find it knocks you right out almost as soon as you take it (i took mine before bed for this reason) so you definately sleep, but it also leaves you very groggy all day? it wiped me right out. just wonderin'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.