VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My name is Laura and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a vegan for two years and recently started a youtube channel.

You see, as being a Christian Vegan I have ran into many concerns with people of various religions claiming that veganism SHOULD or MUST be separate from all forms of Christianity. However, if our main objective is to see animals be happy, safe and free, we are leaving out a huge chunk of the population. This is why I am focusing my activism towards people claiming to be followers of Christ.

Do you all have any thoughts on this?

Heres a link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkR_JWzrFlY33bbha74aLIw

All my love, Laura

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Hi, Laura! Welcome! While I am not religious, we have had many members here over the years of various faiths, many of whom saw their faiths and ethical values regarding animals as intertwined. As many world religions teach compassion, kindness, and peace (or at least claim to teach these things), extending those values to animals makes sense. In addition, the fact that people ate meat and sacrificed animals in Biblical times doesn't mean that we have an ethical pass from God to do those things now. After all, people also kept slaves and multiple wives--behaviors that are widely regarded as immoral today by Christians.

The more people that are reached by vegan advocacy, the better. You are probably reaching a niche that has been overlooked by vegan advocates for the most part. So good for you!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Hi!

My name is Laura and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a vegan for two years and recently started a youtube channel.

You see, as being a Christian Vegan I have ran into many concerns with people of various religions claiming that veganism SHOULD or MUST be separate from all forms of Christianity. However, if our main objective is to see animals be happy, safe and free, we are leaving out a huge chunk of the population. This is why I am focusing my activism towards people claiming to be followers of Christ.

Do you all have any thoughts on this?

Heres a link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkR_JWzrFlY33bbha74aLIw

All my love, Laura
Hi :hi: Welcome to Veggieboards.

·
Lifelong vegetarian
2,617 Posts
:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

W e l c o m e

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:
-
-
-
-