VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I haven't been around for a while, since the first day or two that I went veg/vegan, due to some real life problems and things going on. So I thought I'd give a little update.

I threw away the rest of the curry I made at first because it just wasn't good at all and made me sick. I made a stir fry once and that made me sick. I just can't cook. But since this week, I've been making burritos and they're actually satisfying my need for REAL food. I got a few cans of generic refried beans ($0.47 ea) and cooked them, stirring in crushed red pepper flakes, black beans and hot sauce (I like stuff HOT), and put it in the fridge. And I've been making 4 burritos a day (2 for lunch, 2 for dinner) and pan-frying them (like the Taco bell commercial for the grilled stuffed burritos) - and MMMMMMMMM. That rocks. I think I'll use the rest of the brown rice in the fridge and turn it into Spanish rice later. So, even though I like Indian & Asian food more than Mexican, I can't cook it to save my life.

But anyway, that's how things have been. Still, my only weakness is chocolate. The cake I made isn't even sweet and I haven't eaten any. I've been content enough getting a dark chocolate bar once in a while.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts