VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this sound for an answer to the question "Why dont you eat meat?" Make or have made little cards with Meet Your Meat.com printed on them. Keep them in my purse or pocket and then when asked that question hand the person one of the cards and say "If you really want to know watch this." Or something like that. Some may throw it away, or not except it, but maybe some will keep it and one day maybe their curiosity will get to them and they will watch. What do you guys think? Is this dumb?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I don't think it's dumb...it may not be something I would want to do but it could certainly help to spread the word around. And like you said, some may throw it out but all it takes is for one person to actually watch it and you would have accomplished something!

I display info at work and I get to answer many questions and educate that way. I also get questioned at the supermarket by the cashier or other customers who may see my buying a lot of vegetarian/vegan foods. To each his own, I say.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think it's a good idea, but I think earthlings is more powerful than meet your meat...

I think it shows a lot more different animals suffering, but still gets across the message of meet your meat too.

Although, it was meet your meat that turned me veg, but I watched that first, I think earthlings made me cry more (if that's possible?)

Also, another video I watched, which I felt ok to show my children was "seeds" It came as a free dvd with a bunch of stickers and car decals I ordered off http://www.loveusnoteatus.com/

It did show a few little sections of animals, especially battery hens, but it was mostly an informative presentation with good explanations (it was a little cheesy at times) but answered all the "what about?" questions. (it was British, but still good without being too in your face)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I once almost got thrown from Wal-Mart for taking these stickers that PETA sent me that said, "Hi! My Name Was: ___________ I died a horrible death in order be arrive at your table." onto meat products.... Oh, I still remember the look on the meat-department organizers face. Fun times... Fun times...

·
Registered
486 Posts
awesome idea. I think it would work a lot better than just telling them or using a scrap of paper b/c it is less likely to be forgotten, tossed out, etc. It's worth using more paper for it (and believe me I'm an inveterate paper recycler - I haven't bought any paper for any of my classes since elementary school.) of course as someone pointed out do print out on recycled. Plus, you're not using much paper, since you're not explaining everything in print.

This is better than stickers b/c you're not defacing someone else's property. Do it do it do it.

also, a little while back, it was common for young professionals to trade business cards to network, even for personal social purposes. People are used to taking business cards & keeping them. This is much less obtrusive than leafleting. I'm liking this more and more and more. Must do some myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts