VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I'm sorry - what a bad week.

I delivered Meals on Wheels once a week several years ago. I stopped because it was far too draining emotionally. I had one woman who always sent me home with a Jehovah's witness pamphlet. That wasn't so bad, but she would always grill me the next week as to whether I had read it - which I hadn't. I also delivered to a man I became very fond of, but he had ALS, and the demise over the year I brought his lunch was drastic and haunting. And finally another woman was a racist red-neck who complained about everything - Clinton, the food, and how her daughter was treating her. She was a cusser too. Actually nearly everyone I delivered to complained about the food - a lot!!! And even though I kept it in a cooler in the my trunk, I could smell it in my car, and it wasn't pleasant at all. I finally had enough. I know these people need help, need companionship and compassion, but I took their issues too personally. I think that's one of the reasons I like to volunteer with animals - they might pee on the floor, but they rarely cuss you out!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.