Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
courtesy Rick Mercer, from the show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes":

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America.

We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron.

He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out.

If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America.

After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber.

Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey.

In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812.

I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer.

I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel Your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq.

I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side.

I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different.

Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really thinly veiled criticism.

I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.

We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Ya know, after we take out the Iraqis, North Koreans, and the French (just give us a reason you cheese-eatin' surrender monkeys - just give us a reason!), we may just have to look north.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Since my post was deleted along with the rest, I must reiterate.

[Insert comment about abundant Canadian Fauna with a not-so-subtle double entendre here]

You can use your imagination to fill in the blank.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

- just give us a reason!), we may just have to look north.
That one is still missing isn't it?

(couldn't resist that
)

Kreeli: It was funny ! thanks.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I was going to post something making fun of the Netherlands, but I encountered one major problem. No one has ever noticed them enough to make fun of 'em. Damn.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
To repeat what I said in my deleted post: I think the original post is funny.

I especially liked the part about Americans not electing Bush.

Since 9/11, there has been plenty of rally-round-the-flag sentiment. But there are also many, many Americans who are for peace, or who at least want to see war used as a last resort. There are also many Americans who just don't trust Bush.

Because Bush is in power and because he now has a Republican majority in both houses of Congress, it looks like he will pursue war, regardless of what I think, say, or do. It is just a question of time.

I have no part in bashing other countries that disagree with current US foreign policy. Trying to rename French fries and French toast, for example, is just nonsensical.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
For the record, I keep hearing about Bush "rushing us off" to war. Damn. If y'all think taking a year to do something is being in a rush, you must be the world's biggest procrstinators.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think when people refer to bush "being in a rush" they are talking about him wanting to go right ahead into war without first hearing what the UN has to say about it.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
To people who don't want war at all, any movement toward war is too fast. That might be what some people mean about the president "rushing into" a war.

Did that sound critical of people who want peace? It wasn't meant to be. I'm one of them.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Wait, I thought it was World War I, not II, that was called "the war to end all wars".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.