VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Price Chopper last night and the Texas flavor and the Sonoma flavor were $6.99 for a box of four! I was flabbergasted!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've never had (or even seen) that brand, so are you flabbergasted because of a high price or low price? I mean, it seems high to me, but for all I know they're usually mega expensive and 6.99 is great. Are they unusually awesome?

Of course, I have no idea where Price Chopper is, so it may not matter anyways, heh.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price Chopper's a chain we have in most of New England, New York, and Pennsylvania. Amy's is sold there, and also at Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, Whole Foods, and I believe they have them at Trader Joe's too. But usually a box of four runs about $5.00 or so, so they were really expensive for some reason (usually Price Chopper is on the cheap side), and it was just those particular flavors.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around here, the regular stores are getting more expensive, and Whole Foods is getting cheaper. I know those burgers weren't that expensive when I bought a few boxes a week or two ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I do live near a Whole Foods, though I don't usually go there (I'm pretty broke and just going to that part of town feels akward!). If that brand is really good, though, it might be worth a trip.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Kumo: Amy's are definitely my favorite brand for veggie burgers. They have tasty frozen wraps too. @danakscully64: Hmm didn't think of Target, I know they have Morningstar Farms and some Yves stuff, but I don't remember seeing Amy's. I'll have to double check.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
The regular Targets typically only have a few Amy's items, the Super Targets usually have at least half of their frozen meals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll have to see if I can find them, then - I just got these for the first time from Publix http://www.bahamariceburger.com/ and they're a million times better than Morningstar or Boca, and all of their stuff is vegan, I think. I'm finding all sorts of new things today.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I want to try the Amy's burgers, but they're just too expensive for me.
I stick to other brands for my veggie burger needs.

Edit: We have Price Chopper in Kansas, by they're one of the more expensive grocery stores here. I only shop there if I need something last minute, since it's the closest to my house, or if I'm specifically getting something in sale. The price you posted here is how much I've seen Amy's burgers here. While Foods is a little cheaper, but not by much. (You know a store is expensive when Whole Foods charges LESS for the same item!)
Apparently, my Price Chopper and your Price Chopper are two unrelated chains.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_Chopper_Supermarkets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_Chopper_/_Price_Mart

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I thought my HFS's price of $5.99 for Amy's burgers was high. That grocery store should not be allowed to call itself Price Chopper. It needs to change it to Price Inflator.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I've need had luck requesting things from any store here. They either smile and say its a great suggestion then never get what I suggest, or they're openly hostile towards me.

I think there's a better chance of Super Target carrying the Amy's burgers of I DON'T request them. Sigh.
Target is pretty awesome, it wouldn't hurt to try

1 - 19 of 19 Posts