VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.groupon.co.uk/

Thought I'd share. It's the "London Special". I got one last time around, but we haven't used it yet. Looks yummy though.

Available til midnight tonight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you go?

I went to this restaurant for my birthday last year and had a terrible experience! Food was really not good and the service most bizarre :/

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We went and it was okay, food wise, but nothing spectacular. My main was quite good, though it was described as a kebab and came in a wrap. Our service/waitress was very nice and we got to talk with the chef for a bit. We were there in the middle of the afternoon, right before they were closing for the pre-dinner prep, so that it wasn't super busy may have helped.

How was the service bizarre?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The owner seemed very stressed to the point of being harrassed. We had booked but there were not enough chairs for us and some of another large group who were standing at the bar because there wasn't room for them either ended up sitting at our table whilst we waited for people to arrive. When my Sister ordered a mixed platter, the owner (manager?) refused as he said it would be too much for her to eat! He said this in a very brusque way with no sense of humour at all amd could not be persuaded to let her order what she wanted which I found really weird. The other waitress who served us appeared not to understand a word of English and kept looking confused and going away again, returning to take the order over again a couple of times. Strange, to say the least.

I really was not impressed by the food though, most of all, I found it bland and poorly cooked. I ordered seitan and literally received a plate of watery seitan with a lot of undercooked onion. The pumpkin and sage ravioli was also tasteless and disappointing. Maybe it was an off night but I couldn't understand why the place is so popular

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
That sounds like terrible service :/
Maybe you just caught them on an off day, though I sometimes feel veg*ns are hesitant to criticize veg*n restaurants which might explain the 100% positive stuff you've heard.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I wasn't that impressed either although I've only tried it once. My starter was nice but the main wasn't great. My friend's dishes looked better than mine so maybe I just made a bad choice from the menu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts