VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel i'm very educated about being vegan and about health in general (making sure i'm taking care of myself, getting everything i need, etc.) but i've noticed lately that i just look sort of run down and i don't think i'm sick or anything. my skin seems sallow and while i've always been one to have dark circles under the eyes, they seem worse to me lately and i know i'm sleeping enough (geesh, maybe too much recently!). i'm really hoping this isn't part of aging....especially since i am only 27. thoughts?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I would think 27 is too young to be the cause of aging skin. If you feel that you are eating a balanced diet and getting adequate exercise, you could try upping your omega 3's and antioxidants. They are supposed to be good for healthy skin.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Good for the skin. A nice moisturizer is good too. 27 is about when I started noticing my skin shining on its own a little less, its young, but not that young :p

Bad circles, btw, can be caused by seasonal allergies, even if you don't feel you have much in terms of other allergy symptoms. They certainly aggrevate mine.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Trust me, you are not just aging at 27. Get a 27,000 mile checkup and see if something is amiss. Have you had any life changes or stresses lately, job changes, got married, had a baby, changed bosses, developed an allergy, changed apartments, lost a loved one, something like that? That can temporiarily make you so tired. Even good new things can just wear you out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
definitely not normal. if it is a organic problem (not stress or lack of sleep or anything like that) sounds to me like it could be a thyroid problem. at the very least, it is worth ruling out - make sure you get a blood test for it. best of luck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to all of you who have mentioned a doctor's visit, i guess it would have been appropriate of me to mention that i do get regular check-ups and everything always checks out okay. i definitely drink enough water, that's for sure! no new stresses that i am aware of, but i guess i tend to be a little bit on the "easily overwhelmed" side to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.