VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel i'm very educated about being vegan and about health in general (making sure i'm taking care of myself, getting everything i need, etc.) but i've noticed lately that i just <i>look</i> sort of run down and i don't think i'm sick or anything. my skin seems sallow and while i've always been one to have dark circles under the eyes, they seem worse to me lately and i know i'm sleeping enough (geesh, maybe too much recently!). i'm really hoping this isn't part of aging....especially since i am only 27. thoughts?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I would think 27 is too young to be the cause of aging skin. If you feel that you are eating a balanced diet and getting adequate exercise, you could try upping your omega 3's and antioxidants. They are supposed to be good for healthy skin.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Good for the skin. A nice moisturizer is good too. 27 is about when I started noticing my skin shining on its own a little less, its young, but not that young :p<br><br><br><br>
Bad circles, btw, can be caused by seasonal allergies, even if you don't feel you have much in terms of other allergy symptoms. They certainly aggrevate mine.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Trust me, you are not just aging at 27. Get a 27,000 mile checkup and see if something is amiss. Have you had any life changes or stresses lately, job changes, got married, had a baby, changed bosses, developed an allergy, changed apartments, lost a loved one, something like that? That can temporiarily make you so tired. Even good new things can just wear you out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
definitely not normal. if it is a organic problem (not stress or lack of sleep or anything like that) sounds to me like it could be a thyroid problem. at the very least, it is worth ruling out - make sure you get a blood test for it. best of luck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to all of you who have mentioned a doctor's visit, i guess it would have been appropriate of me to mention that i do get regular check-ups and everything always checks out okay. i definitely drink enough water, that's for sure! no new stresses that i am aware of, but i guess i tend to be a little bit on the "easily overwhelmed" side to begin with.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
allergies maybe pollen count is rather high lately and you can develop hayfever as an adult that would also cause the dark circles round the eyes and the tiredness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts