VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this forum has a lot of vegetarian members, I would like to ask whether or not my activities in the past year have been acceptable in the eyes of people here.<br><br><br><br>
I recently moved from the city to a relatively rural area for temporary employment. While I've been here, I've been adjusting to country life and methods of living. My neighbour offered me some ideas about how to be self-sufficient in terms of food and saving money - ideas that I have been putting into practice over the past year.<br><br><br><br>
Animals are cheap where I am right now. I've been buying lots of rabbits and chickens and allowing them to breed on the land that I own. In about the second month of living here, my neighbour taught me how to prepare these particular animals for food - I've been doing it ever since. I suppose my problem lies in the light of people believing that eating meat is wrong, and I would like to know what people think of my method of preparing my food.<br><br><br><br>
With rabbits, I tie their hind legs to a post before bashing their heads until they lose consciousness. It's fairly usual for their eyeballs to "hang" outside of their sockets and it kinda gives me less of a humane feel about it. Nonetheless, I then tear the skin from the rabbit's body, before pulling out the intestines, liver, lungs, heart, etc. Usually, there's a lot of blood involved. I then chop the head off and leave it to the other rabbits and animals to pick at. What I'm then left with is a rabbit ready for cooking, which tastes nice when prepared properly.<br><br><br><br>
I kill my chickens preferably with an axe. Then it's just a matter of tearing out their feathers and skinning them.<br><br><br><br>
Thoughts, comments? Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts