VeggieBoards banner

Am I eating enough?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jentlytread 
#1 ·
I am not sure if I am eating enough throughout the day, this is a basic outline of my diet...

Breakfast - bowl of oatmeal made with soymilk and dried cranberries OR a whole wheat bagel and fruit. Always have a cup of coffee with fat free creamer in it, too.

Lunch - a salad with dried fruits, nuts and cheese, OR avacado and tomato on it

Dinner - a serving of bread or rice with cooked veggies... sometimes accompanied with cheese or beans if I am a little hungrier

I always have a sweet treat after dinner later that night, too. Usually a smoothie or a gluten free peanut butter cookie.

#3 ·
I would track your calories and see what they come up to. All the foods you are eating are very easy to track. just make sure to know the correct serving amounts and use one of the sites to track. If you are eating large quantities you could be eating to many calories, but there are a lot of variables. Plugged my info into www.myfittness.com and it told me what my targets should be and I plug in all of the foods I eat.

#4 ·
Lunch - a salad with dried fruits, nuts and cheese, OR avocado and tomato on it== Oh I don't think i will feel full after eating that but if it works for you, then fine. but i think the amount of food should depend on your lifestyle. in my opinion ,the amount of food you are eating is not enough if you are doing heavy work.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccarlos View Post

Hi veggietrumpet! From what marching band are you a member of? I am also a member of a drum and bugle corps here in our country. I'm glad to meet you then. Regarding your diet, seems like you are eating healthy foods plus you are doing good exercise.
What drum corp are you in? I am just in high school marching band right now, but I am looking into doing at least one season of drum corp when I get into college.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.