VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard all of you guys going on and on about how great the Luna Bars are, so I bought some. I bought the Key Lime Pie, Orange Bliss, and Chocolate Peppermint, and I thought they were all gross and tasted like cardboard!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Really? I liked the ones I tried. Then again it's been a while since I had them so I can't remember what flavours I tried.

No big deal, they're just not suitable to your taste.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
try clif bars. they're both made by the same company but clif bars are 70% organic while luna bars are only 12% organic. and everyone knows that organic tastes better

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Luna bars are only exceeded in nastiness by clif bars, imo. But some people love both. I've had them out of necessity on long hikes and such, but it's never something I look forward to. I don't think I've ever had one within 10 miles of civilization.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beautiful fire

I've heard all of you guys going on and on about how great the Luna Bars are, so I bought some. I bought the Key Lime Pie, Orange Bliss, and Chocolate Peppermint, and I thought they were all gross and tasted like cardboard!
Those are my three favorite flavors. Don't know what to tell you. You probably don't like vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies either...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Key lime, orange bliss, and chocolate peppperment??!!

well there you go...if i ate those flavors id be disgusted too. maybe try the smores, or the nutz over chocolate? but then again maybe your just one of those loons who doesnt like them

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only flavor that I really like is Nutz Over Chocolate. To me, it tastes like a chocolate covered peanut butter rice krispie treat. Mmmmm. The only other one that I can stand is the chocolate peppermint flavor, although I don't think that one tastes all too great. So, no, you're definitely not crazy! I think the other flavors taste like cardboard, too!

·
Registered
750 Posts
sweet dreams is pretty rockin'

i think all the fruit ones are gross

and that nutz over chocolate tastes like rice syrup, which isnt nesessarily a bad taste...

clif bars are alright... if you have a gallon of water to drink afterwards... they feel so.. heavy

i reccomend sweet dreams... its ultra yummy

Caroline

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 46 avocados

Key lime, orange bliss, and chocolate peppperment??!!

well there you go...if i ate those flavors id be disgusted too. maybe try the smores, or the nutz over chocolate? but then again maybe your just one of those loons who doesnt like them
LOL. Goes to show that they're not for everyone. I like the more chocolate-oriented flavors, too, just not as much.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I really like Luna bars! But I have those mighty vegan tastebuds that eat like, beans out of the can, you know? lol.
I just can't cook...or am often too lazy to.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Well, there is the fact that I haven't been able to find vegan marshmallows...

And, as I think this thread has amply proven, everyone has different favorites, and some people can't stand 'em all. Different strokes...

·
Registered
750 Posts
hey epski...

you can make vegan rice crispy treats without the marshmellows...

theres a recipe floating around online

theyre pretty good... But... waaayyyyy sweeter than the original

Caroline

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
I found those foul things in a store here in Australia once..... yuck. No wonder they aren't available; nobody liked them.

Of course, that could have been due to the Aussie palate, but based on opinions I have read about them from Americans, it's obvious they are just plain crap.

No wonder omnivores make fun of vegan food with junk like that out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts