VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a lacto ovoo veggatarian and I usually eat every four hours, but I am always hungry..

Breakfast:530 am oatmeal 1/4 cup walnuts 3tablespoons of flax seeds and water
930 am 18 pretzels one serving

130 1/4 cups of black beans, 1/2 cup of pinto, 1/2 cup of corn 1 cup of broccoli and a banana

530 natural peanut butter on whole grain bread and orange

730 fiber one bar

Does anyone see anything wrong with what I'm eating or any suggestions to maybe add or delete something's..

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think a bigger dinner would be needed. Breakfast/lunch/snacks look good to me. When exactly do you feel the most hungry?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I agree. I larger main meal (whether you eat it at noon or as an evening meal) might leave you felling fuller longer.
Try making something with brown pastas, rice or something like cous cous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually feel really hungry after my first snacks which are the pretzels and when I'm at class at night. What kind of dinner do u suggest since I am in class from 530 to 930.. I try to stick to the not eating after 8 rule as much as possible..

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Good dinners at school might be:
Veggie sandwich
Stirfry
Soup
Veggie burger
Pizza

Pretty much anything that can fit in a tupperware container
And since these are meat free meals, if they're in your bag un refrigerated for a few hours, it won't be bad. For snacks maybe add a granola bar, or some nuts for longer lasting fullness. I wouldn't worry about not eating after 8 too much either. It's ( I think) a rule for people who are in bed soon after that, the actual time isn't that important. If you're not out of class until 9:30, then probably not sleeping until at least 11 or 12, you can eat a little later if you're hungry.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I recommend lots more fruits and veggies. They fill you up w/o adding a lot of calories. And all of the extra nutrients can only make you feel great.

Laura

·
Registered
471 Posts
If you are concerned about calories, I would stay away from the peanut butter. I find it makes me hungry and it is so hard to just eat 2 tablespoons and the calories are very high. I would also substitute the pretzels for something else. I love those also, but they make you hungry. I find an apple or brown rice to be pretty filling and they don't leave you real hungry. Just my 2 cents. I think a banana would be good as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts