VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have been born into another religion or worldview, which do you think would have been an interesting alternative?

This isn't to say, which do you want to convert to now or learn more about now, rather which do you think - for whatever reason - would you have liked to have been raised in.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Whatever as long as there is a living teacher/master/prophet/whatever.

After thousands and hundreds of years their teachings don't have so much in common with what their religion preach.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
As much as I despise Christianity and having that **** rammed down my throat as a kid growing up, I think it helped me to become an atheist. It's possible, had I been raised an atheist, that I would have rebelled and joined some religious cult (all religions are cults, really), or something.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I don't need to wish. I pressed down, R, up, L, Y, and then B, and then pressed start to when I selected atheism on the religion selection screen this time around. Now I'm a Space Wiccan.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I did the lp, lp, forward, lk, hp and now I'm a Weightlifter.

Also, secular jewism isn't a religion anyway.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Atheist jedi, because if I didn't believe in midi-chlorians but was still all badass then I'd assume it was because I was just better than everyone else.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
I am now (but was NOT at the time) happy to have been raised by Christian parents.

For those who's minds work best at the level of people and events it is a good vehicle for teaching basic moralities.

For those who's minds are capable of going entirely into the realms of ideas the plethora of contradictions and paradoxes gives one much cause to think.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

As much as I despise Christianity and having that **** rammed down my throat as a kid growing up, I think it helped me to become an atheist. It's possible, had I been raised an atheist, that I would have rebelled and joined some religious cult (all religions are cults, really), or something.
Interesting. I never thought about it like that. I would still rather have been raised religion free and be allowed to make my own decisions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.