VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going to massage therapy twice a month for a few months (for tingling/numbness I have in my right arm, leg and back of my head). She was doing a type of therapy I wasn't familiar with and I thought she wasn't doing anything. It turned out to be Reiki, which I have been doing research about now. I wondered if anyone has practiced Reiki or been on the receiving end of treatment?

Also, I recently read a book called The Fountain of Youth (can't remember the author). It explains the five Tibetan rites. I wonder what the validity is of these "reversing the aging process"? Anyone have information they would like to share? Or, have you been practicing these rites for a while. (For those that don't know, the moves are very similar to yoga/pilates moves that are supposed to energize and awaken your chakras.)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Never actually had Reiki, but a weird and wonderful woman who lives down the street from my parents claims to do Distance Reiki, which I guess is telepathic Reiki, on all of us. She does it on the squirrels in the neighborhood, too.

Did the massage help your tingling? I hope your feeling better!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
muppetcow~ ROTFL!!! Distance Reiki? For some reason, they don't mention that in the book I'm reading. My understanding was it's the energy they are transferring to you, through touch, that is therapeutic. Guess I shouldn't have skimmed the important chapters at the beginning.
I will go back and read more in depth. Also, wanted to thank you for answering my posts.
I have a great mental image of your neighbor sending healing thoughts to the squirrels. LOL (To answer your question some sessions really help my tingling/numbness and some don't.)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Weperform Reiki Healing at the spa where I work and have a trained Reiki Master who does reiki "massage", healing baths, and some other services in that realm. I have never experienced it, but typically Reiki is a "hands off" or very light touch massage. And yes, it's purpose is to move energy around in your body to supposedly clear out any blockages that might be causing you mental or physical distress. People who become actual "Reiki masters" undergo three stages of training (all energy work -- to themselves and with others) before they can actually call themselves a Reiki master and perform Reiki on others.

I have talked to people who had it and said it was amazing, and I have talked to others who said they did it and felt nothing. I've always wanted to do it, but I am a bit of a skeptic so I don't know if it would really be up my alley.

And sorry, don't know anything about the Tibetan rites!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts