VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dennis weaver is trying to promote alternative fuels, so that we are no longer dependent of foreign oil.<br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.ecolonomics.org" target="_blank">www.ecolonomics.org</a><br><br><br><br>
There is a petition to sign

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
The page is not accesable from my work computer (?)<br><br><br><br>
I wanted to sign, even though I don't "believe" in alternative fuel.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Offshore wind farms get go-ahead<br><br><br><br>
The Government has given the go-ahead to two new offshore wind farms which will provide power to 180,000 homes.<br><br><br><br>
A total of 60 turbines, each the height of the London Eye, will be built in the Thames Estuary and in the Irish Sea off Cumbria.<br><br><br><br>
Energy Minister Brian Wilson said the "massive expansion" of offshore wind would play an important role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing renewable energy.<br><br><br><br>
"Britain is the windiest country in Europe and these locations provide the shallow waters needed for offshore wind technology," he said.<br><br><br><br>
The South East's first ever offshore wind farm will be built on the Kentish Flats, north of Herne Bay.<br><br><br><br>
Construction will start next year on 30 turbines which will power up to 100,000 homes.<br><br><br><br>
The second wind farm will be built next year in the Irish Sea off Barrow, powering up to 87,000 homes.<br><br><br><br>
The UK will have six offshore wind farms when the projects are completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts