VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Nestle's new(ish) cereal is Almond Oats & More. I love almonds and it looks kinda nice.<br><br>
Looked at the ingridients, which are;<br><br><br><br><i>Cereal Grains (Whole Grain Flaked Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Oat Flour, Oat Bran, Rice Flour), Sugar, Almonds, Barley Malt Extract, Partially Inverted Brown Sugar Syrup, Salt, Flavouring: Brown Sugar Flavour, Palm Oil, Trisodium Phosphate, Colour: Annatto.<br><br><br><br>
Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid (Folacin), Vitamin B12, Calcium Carbonate and Iron.</i><br><br><br><br>
Everything that did kinda confuse me about weather it was sutiable for vegans or not, I looked up and although some of them, like the Riboflavin for example cold be from a animal derivative, they're also naturaly occuring in things like the almonds, so everything that I was confused about does seem to have a natural source within the nuts, whole grain etc.<br><br><br><br>
The Calcium Carbonate is the thing though, 'coz I thought that 'coz its a carbonate its from the soil and whole grain and things?<br><br><br><br>
But yeah, in short, my question, is the ceral actualy sutiable for a vegan diet?

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
I would deem it so.... If you're in doubt, write the company asking if any of the ingredients were derived from animals -- mention specific ones that you have doubts about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts