VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my Gosh! I'm eating my first almond butter sandwich (with raspberry fruit spread) right now, and its the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
liquid gold it is and i had ten coupons for $3.00 off each jar and the were on sale at the hfs for $5.00!!! how great is that???

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I've tried cashew butter ... I really like it (it's richer and milder than almond butter) but since it's so expensive I seldom buy it.

Almond butter's great. Have you tried mixing it into oatmeal?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Watch out Rie....Almond butter is addictive! I eat huge amounts of it all the time. On bread, crackers, pitas, apples....see where I'm going! It's great. Cashew butter is too. Our local food co-op gets it in huge amounts and then repackages it, so it's usually pretty cheap.

-Journey The Poet

·
Banned
261 Posts
I've never had any other kind of nut butter besides peanut butter. Well, I ate some with almond butter in it once, but I don't think that really counts. Ando nce I tried to make pecan butter, and that was, well, disgusting. I ned to buy some almond butter and try it. It sounds really yummy.

Cassie

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almond butter in oatmeal? No, haven't tried that. You just mix in a spoonfull?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yep, I just mix in a spoonful. On mornings when I'm really busy or I know I won't have lunch until late, it makes breakfast much more filling.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love almond butter. I have it on sprouted grain bread every other morning for breakfast. I used to eat it every morning. I've used it in oatmeal before and yes, it is yummy.

I bought a jar of cashew butter once and really didn't care too much for it's mild flavor but, it is pretty good whipped into silkened tofu with a little maple syrup. It makes a good whipped cream substitute.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I will have to try almond butter, I alos have been meaning to pick up some Soynut butter. I had a PB and Jelly on whole wheat the other day with a glass of soymilk and it made me feel young again! Shannon

·
Registered
637 Posts
Mmmm, I love almond and cashew butter! I don't buy them too often, since they're so pricey, but they make a nice treat once and a while!

Has anyone ever tried sunflower seed butter? I saw some at Publix, but I didn't get any because I didn't know if I'd like it, since I've never even had sunflower seeds before! :/ I'd like to try brazil nut butter too.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If you can find almond butter in bulk it's much cheaper. It's about $5 per lb (CDN) at the health food store near me, and much more expensive if I buy it in jars.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Everyone come to Hawaii ! Our HFS sell freshly ground almond butter (3.50$/LB ), cashew butter (4 something/LB), peanut butter (1.59$/LB). Hot and fresh, Yumma!!!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I make almond butter myself , it's surprisingly easy ; just roast the almonds in the oven, then grind'em with a little salt (and a little brown sugar and vanilla, but that's optional, I guess the salt is too, actually)

I make PB and hazelnut butter too. So much cheaper.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Couldn't you grind it with a grinding stone?

I adore almond butter, ever since I tried it I refuse to eat peanut butter.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.