VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">A lawsuit filed against the Republic School District alleges school officials failed to protect a middle school girl from a male classmate who harassed her, sexually assaulted her, and raped her.<br><br>
In its written response, the school district denies all allegations in the suit and calls the claims frivolous.<br><br>
The suit, filed July 5, alleges when the girl a special education student told officials about the harassment, assault and rape that occurred during the 2008-09 school year, they told her they did not believe her. She recanted.<br><br>
The suit also alleges that, without seeking her mothers permission, <b>school officials forced the girl to write a letter of apology to the boy and personally deliver it to him.</b>She was then expelled for the rest of the 2008-2009 school year and referred to juvenile authorities for filing a false report.</div>
</div>
<br>
- <a href="http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110816/NEWS12/110816008/Lawsuit-filed-against-Republic-School-District-over-rape-claim" target="_blank">Full story</a>.<br><br>
What the hell?<br><br>
Dear school district: When a student alleges rape, your task it to call the police. It's not to investigate the crime yourself, decide she's lying, and then force her to do something.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Poor girl. At least those people will eventually pay the price for failing to mandatory report - unprofessional ****wits.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Depending on how it is where she lives, they may have treated her the same way that the police would have. Regardless, they are <i>not</i> the police and it is their responsibility to keep students safe, not mete out judgment on a criminal matter.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I was going to start a new thread on this same thing.<br><br>
It's sad to think that there are people in this country who are still living in the 1950's and 60's, a time when women who alleged rape were disbelieved because naturally they were "asking for it", or probably the sex was consensual (which at least one idiot commenting on the CNN website stated) and the girl or woman is just crying rape to get back at the male.<br><br>
But basically I hate living in a society where there are lots of people whose first impulse is to blame the victim of a crime, regardless of what that crime is.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">The girl failed and neglected to use reasonable means to protect her self, the response says. Any damages the girl may have sustained, “were as a result of the negligence, carelessness, or conduct of third parties over whom the District Defendants had neither control nor the right to control,” according to the school district response.</div>
</div>
<br>
Are middle school girls expected to carry guns to school for protection? I can't believe they had the audacity to say something like that. But blaming the female (even a child) for rape is nothing new. When did schools stop being required to protect students while they are on campus?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
****ing monstrous. That's all I have to say on the matter.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
The school board seems to have been preoccupied with banning books like <b>Slaughterhouse Five.</b><br><br><a href="http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110818/OPINIONS02/108180325/Paulson-Republic-s-book-banning-illegal-Depends-target?odyssey=mod|mostcom" target="_blank">http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...ey=mod|mostcom</a>

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Horrible and enraging!! I don't understand how the other parents continue to let their children go to this school after this. Their is no way in hell I would allow my kid to go to a school run by evil, despicable monsters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts