VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know which types of water are filtered with bone char. There is tap water, spring water, mineral water, and bottled water. I hear spring water is usually not filtered, but all tap water is? The water I use to shower is that filtered as well? Depends on the local area I live in?

Also, when looking at the ingredients on a product label, filtered water means filtered through bone char, right? Some companies put water on their labels, but in reality, they could be filtered in some way I think.

Water is just making me paranoid right now, and I'm trying to form my vegan solution atm. Some vegans ignore sugar and water which would definitely makes things 50x easier, but I try to be hardcore
. Thanks for the support as always.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Water?!

Jaysus

Errr

I always thought mineral water was naturally filtered through rocks?

really, tap water, what are you going to do.. rig up an evian shower?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

Water?!

Jaysus

Errr

I always thought mineral water was naturally filtered through rocks?

really, tap water, what are you going to do.. rig up an evian shower?
I saw something aboubt evian ages ago, (at least I recall evian was one of which) that said it did something to the water not vegan.

anyway respect to the hardcore crew Pistol Whip vegan!
I used to drink nothing but bottled water too. But quite naturally equally good and possibly better for a realistic (cheaper) option is to to filter tap water if at all you can or simply just boil all tap water up as I currently do, and cool, or whatever you wanna.

Bottled mineral water was for me insane after a long while of doing that, as although I recycled the bottles, I could not sustain lugging home heavy water and least of all afford it.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolWhip View Post

I know there isn't much you can do about tap water. I just want to know how tap water is filtered.
Alas I am trying to come around to knowing this too... and what chemicals and stuff are involved etc too!

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Another hint/ tip:

'spring water' is often non authentic I think, so manufacturers that want to claim being NATURAL(pure) have to by law I believe show that it is (in the UK I suppose at least) to have the rite to show= "natural" on its label.

And anyway most proper natural waters that ARE natural are usually labelled "natural mineral water", more often than merely being "spring water" (the latter being souped up tap water closer to!).

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Not all water filters use bone char (actually I haven't come across ones that say they do use bone char, but I haven't looked at many). I look for the water filters that say the charcoal medium carbon is derived from coconut husk. So just because something is filtered, doesn't mean it is filtered in bone char.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
God, now we have to check everything. Who ever thought the day would come when one would have to wonder if even water was vegan or not. :sigh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts