VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've fallen in love with fresh pineapple. i've been using it in everything from pineapple rice to a topping on veggie dogs (fantastic). i'd like to learn more about cooking with pineapple.

what's you're favorite pineapple recipe?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I don't have a recipe, but I just wanted to say I only discovered how insanely delicious pineapple is LAST YEAR! Now it owns me completely

I blame pineapple pizza, I tried it once as a kid and was turned off the stuff until I was an adult.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Pineapple is my favorite fruit. I love it grilled on a kebab with bell peppers

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Any way to eat it is the right way.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
<----- ...is allergic to pineapple.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

No!
You're missing out on some amazing smoothies D:
I know!!!

I loved pineapple!!!

Then one day I bought a wonderful yellow goodie that I swear I could smell from the parking lot!!! I swear my mouth caught on fire when I ate it!

Now, if I eat some other food that was cut on a cutting board used for pineapple a week ago, my mouth will burn like I've just eaten a fresh cayenne pepper.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

I know!!!

I loved pineapple!!!

Then one day I bought a wonderful yellow goodie that I swear I could smell from the parking lot!!! I swear my mouth caught on fire when I ate it!

Now, if I eat some other food that was cut on a cutting board used for pineapple a week ago, my mouth will burn like I've just eaten a fresh cayenne pepper.

That's horrible

The only bad thing about them is how fast they can rot after being cut.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

That's horrible

The only bad thing about them is how fast they can rot after being cut.
Mine never last long enough for me to find out.
I can eat a whole pineapple in one sitting.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

I know!!!

I loved pineapple!!!

I am a PBS (Pineapple Burn Survivor) as well. I once ate one and had this horrible burning in my mouth. So I tried drinking almond milk to counteract the burn, but EVERYTHING I put it my mouth ended up burning as well. It was insane!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Pineapple is my second favourite fruit - after cherries.

I love eating it fresh, or in curries, or in a pineapple fritter. Anything really, is good!

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I prefer to eat it raw. If you cook with the stuff, won't it lose all it's juiciness and flavour? Probably lose a lot of nutrients and enzymes as well. Anyway, people who eat it raw seem to be in the majority, on this thread at least.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts