VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Communique from EarthSave International:

Quote:
We have been offered FREE banana-nut organic bars ... from All Goode.

Ingredients:

Organic- bananas, chocolate, soynuts, rice syrup, coconut & walnuts

non-organic- chocolate extract
Has anyone ever tried these? Are they good?

Are they non-vegan? (Due to the chocolate/chocolate extract, impliedly milk chocolate, and therefore dairy? Or am I drawing the wrong inference here?)

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
They are actually pretty good, though not as sweet as something like a clif bar. And, Im pretty sure they are vegan...Ive had them before at an earthsave potluck, and all the vegans there were munchifying them so.

All Goode might have a website too, I bet that would say.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would say they are vegan. I've never tried the banana one but I had the peanut butter chocolate one and the chocolate is vegan. Here are the detailed ingredients (ingredients contained in the chocolate are mentionned);

---------

Dates*, Peanuts*, Rolled Oats*, Figs*, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips* (Evaporated Cane Juice*, Chocolate Liquor*, Cocoa Butter*, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla*) Tapioca Syrup*, Brown Rice Syrup* Quinoa Flour*, Kamut Flour*, Soybeans*, Oat Bran*, Soy Fiber*, Amaranth*, Ground Flaxseeds*, Caramel Flavor*, Sea Salt.

* organic

----------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.