VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been vegetarian for years.

Over the past few weeks, I've become revolted by eggs! Can't stand the smell, the texture of any cooked eggs give me the boak (Scots for 'makes me gag') and I can't even bake because of the appearance of raw eggs. But I love baking!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has experienced this or could shine any light on why this has happened...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Im frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. Ive never tasted it."

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslaonTour View Post

"I'm frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes … have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. I've never tasted it."
I have managed to figure out where that quote comes from. I was never really into Alfred Hitchcock so I had no idea what you were getting at when you titled your post with his name.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock

I have no idea why you have a sudden aversion to eggs. I guess that just happens sometimes. Tastes change.

You can use Ener-G egg replacer instead of eggs in baking. Google it. If you can't find it in a store near you, you can order it online. It works best in homemade baked goods rather than store-bought baking mixes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The same thing happened to me before I went vegan, and before I went vegetarian I had the same thing happen with all flesh foods. My dad cooked roast pork one night and it tasted "dirty" to me. Off, even. Though he said it tasted fine. I honestly think it's our bodies trying to tell us what they want. Embrace it - go vegan!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went through that just before going Vegan too. Felt disgusted by eggs from one day to the next. I agree with LoopyVegan I think too is a message our bodies are trying to comunicate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh I totally feel the same way.

After about 8 months of being vegan I suddenly gained a source of free, humane eggs (my sister-in-law's pet hens). But when she brought some over for my parents I realized animal welfare/rights aren't the only reason to avoid eggs...they're disgusting. Even if you ignore what they are and the erm... orifice they come from, just the look and smell of a cracked raw egg is totally off-putting. I have to hold my nose around them now.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I always loved eggs as a kid growing up. One of my favorite foods. I was certainly never revolted by the taste, texture, where (I thought) they came from or how they made me feel. The reasons I stopped eating them were entirely ethical. I'm disgusted morally by where nearly every egg consumed in the developed world really comes from, and I wouldn't eat eggs again, even if they're more humanely raised, as I've been without them so long I no longer crave them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts