VeggieBoards banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Kpickell... who said anything about murdering people? I'm talking about AR extremists who vandalize/destroy the property of others, property that they do not own. These are the criminals to which I refer... I never said anything about humans being murdered.

You have every right to protect your property, you can bet I do, and will.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
(I was talking about the companies that are targeted by extreme animal rights activists... These companies are often guilty of torturing or murdering animals.)

Yes, we have the right to protect ourself. But we also have a responsibility to protect others' lives. Those two things conflict sometimes because while you have a right to protect yourself, if you're harming someone else, then I have a responsibility to protect that person from you.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Right, we agree on this, almost anyway. I do not feel that I am specifically responsible to protect anyone else except those of my immediate family or friends. If I choose to do so, it's because I want to, not because I have some sort of responsibility.

FWIW, I'd only harm another person if they were harming my property or my family/friends. At that point it's game on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow,

All this talk of "animals" and yet no talk of animals at all. So much time and effort wasted arguing instead of actually doing something.

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...8&page=1&pp=20

Just how far will you go?

Every flu shot costs one chicken (egg) is life.

Horses are used to produce insulin.

We can cite examples of animal products that somehow can be justified, like these.

Will you tell granny that she can't have that flu shot or your child that insulin is evil, so DIE ...

What you really are debating is the HUMANE treatment of animals right? So be humane and make homes for animals that are abandoned and waiting to have their lungs filled with car exaust at your local human society.

Uncle-Injun

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I do. I have a bunch of rescue cats arriving this week. Want to help me out by taking one on?

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Have you noticed an influx of odd types around here lately?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have Kiz~

Anyhoo.I support ALF 110% .I think it is a violent crime to rip the fur off the bodies of innocent animals.ThEY can raid a minK,foX, rabbit..whatever farm~burn the breeding info and the impliments of death anytime they want.They have my support.

Fur farms should be illegal and the farmers should be in jail.Not ALF.

·
Registered
616 Posts
As long as 98% of the population wants to eat meat they are going to do it, no matter how many pig barns ALF burns down. They are fighting the wrong enemy, and they are nothing more than terrorists. My 2 cents.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts