VeggieBoards banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Really great portabellos! They're now on sale at $1.29 for a pack of two big ones.
And.... vegan vitamin D! Each one has 100%!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got Organic Soy Milk for 2.29 this week! Normally I pay $2.99 for the cheapest stuff on the shelf at the regular grocery store which I'm sure is all GMO soybeans.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
More portabellos on sale! I made them last night with stuffing!
I'm pretty addicted to their hummus now. I used to make it, but I like Aldis at least as much as mine. I also like there varities. Now they have it with pine nuts, and sometimes with artichoke spinach, or sundried tomato basil.

Meow- They do have good soy milk but check the other brands. I've seen few that weren't non GMO. The soy that GMO is almost all animal feed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did Aldi always carry vegan products? Because I don't EVER remember seeing any. It's so awesome if they do though because I love Aldi!

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Did Aldi always carry vegan products? Because I don't EVER remember seeing any. It's so awesome if they do though because I love Aldi!
They have a lot of coincidentally vegan things. Many of the Lacure facial cremes and cleansers come up as a vegan search tooo

I have a fondness for Aldis because when I first went vegan I was so frustrated by how many foods had animal products and I picked up their fruit jels and found they had locust bean gum -vegan! That made me so happy I continued to check even the most unlikely products!
For me it's that I like that Aldi is limited. And you definitely have to keep checking their stuff because they do change. For instance, the refrigerated pie crusts used to have lard. I noticed a new package and found out they no longer do! It's all veg shortening! Good too!
Their dark chocolate bars and mint chocolate bars are also vegan. Where they're made also means the sugar is okay.
And of course they have awesome produce prices.
And portabellos. They have vitamin D! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Went to Aldis today and looked at next weeks ad. They have (raw) quinoa for $3.99 for 16 oz!
I didn't notice if it was organic or not but I will be buying some! It's most likely a one time thing. Their brown rice is gone.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just found out an ALDI is going in five minutes from where I live, right next to the store I work at! I couldn't be more excited - I love ALDI but the nearest one is a bit out of our way so we don't go very often. It's supposed to open up some time this fall - I can't wait!

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Person on the Aldi checkout tried to diddle me out of £5 last Friday giving me change from £5 instead of change from the £10 I'd given her. After looking at the receipt, then looking in the till, the lady gave me the "extra" £5 without any comment, word of apology etc.

When exiting Aldi, I notice that on the receipt, it showed the amont I'd tended was £3.31 (I'm a big spender) the exact price of the goods rather than £5, she originally gave me change for. Thinking that the checkout lady was definitely diddling all befuddled old geezers like me, I went and had a word with the manager. She said that they "always tap in the amount for the goods as the payment amount because it saves a fraction of a second dealing with each customer and time is money etc".

Anyway, I didn't find many vegan items. Quite a few which I assumed on first sight were but on perusal contained milk, whey and so on. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live very close to an Aldi and a Lidl and love them. The lack of fancy stuff means that my shopping really is focused on vegetables and the fruit and veg are really cheap. I love Aldi's dark chocolate and my Lidl even sells soy milk.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
This weeks special is ORGANIC QUINOA for $3.99 a full pound bag! Simply Organic label.
Cheapest I've seen a pound of quinoa was more like $6.00, and I don't even know if organic.

Get it while you can!

·
Registered
84 Posts
So excited! I got acorn and butternut squash for $.69 each and spaghetti squash for $1.19. I bought a spaghetti squash last week at another market and it cost me something ridiculous like $7. I love Aldi but the one I shop in has lately taken to carrying a bunch of name brand stuff, mostly junk like Poptarts, which seems like it's edging out the cheaper store brand items. I hope this isn't an ongoing trend.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts