VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,777 Posts
And a drink a day has shown to decrease risk of heart disease & stroke (same as drinking coffee), as the article states.

Of course too much alcohol causes cancer. Too much of many things causes cancer. Moderation is key, and if you can't handle some things in moderation you should probably stay away from it (potato chips, fries, coffee, alcohol, etc).

And meat doesn't cause cancer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

And a drink a day has shown to decrease risk of heart disease & stroke (same as drinking coffee), as the article states.
It does? Woah.

I guess a swig of vodka before I drive to work won't do me any harm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

And a drink a day has shown to decrease risk of heart disease & stroke (same as drinking coffee), as the article states.

Of course too much alcohol causes cancer. Too much of many things causes cancer. Moderation is key, and if you can't handle some things in moderation you should probably stay away from it (potato chips, fries, coffee, alcohol, etc).

And meat doesn't cause cancer.
actuallt it does, well certain types of cancer like colon cancer

see here for one example: http://www.newstarget.com/007237.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Wow..some defense against alcohol in this thread for sure. Bottom line is it's a poison. When you put poison in your body for an extended period of time what does anyone think will happen? I quit drinking last year and wish I would have done it eons ago. I'm not like a reformed alcoholic or anything..basically a weekend partier. But I can tell you I have much more enjoyable weekends now for sure. No more sick Sundays. And maybe I've stopped anymore damage to my liver as I'm half way to cirrosis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotallyTober View Post

Wow..some defense against alcohol in this thread for sure. Bottom line is it's a poison. When you put poison in your body for an extended period of time what does anyone think will happen? I quit drinking last year and wish I would have done it eons ago. I'm not like a reformed alcoholic or anything..basically a weekend partier. But I can tell you I have much more enjoyable weekends now for sure. No more sick Sundays. And maybe I've stopped anymore damage to my liver as I'm half way to cirrosis.
Good for you, hon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

everything causes cancer.
Problem is, some people use that as an excuse to carry on exposing themselves to ALL of the carcinogenic agents or activities they enjoy. In the end, they increase their chances of developing cancer, and developing it sooner.
 

·
Ex-*****
Joined
·
5,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Problem is, some people use that as an excuse to carry on exposing themselves to ALL of the carcinogenic agents or activities they enjoy. In the end, they increase their chances of developing cancer, and developing it sooner.


That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read that comment too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Life is a game of statistics. Through science we are able to develop a spectrum of reasonable odds of consequences from various actions: such as drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, or eating animal flesh. As others here have stated, alcohol is a poison.

Even alcoholic mouthwashes increase the risk of mouth cancer. Drink if you like, smoke if you like, but let's not pretend that everything is 'equally' dangerous. When you lay in the hospital bed don't chalk it up to a malevolent diety.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Given a choice of living to 120 and never drinking another drop of alcohol in my life, or living as I do and maybe crapping out around 90, I don't even hesitate to say: "pass the beer"
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top