VeggieBoards banner
401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousLadyJane' date='27 May 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1274946831' post='2644159 View Post

Hey Albertans! Really cool company that just started up this May in Edmonton. Thought I'd share it. http://www.theorganicbox.ca/
Wow, this is great. I wish you all the best, and wish that I had a bigger household and would use that much produce. I hope to see you still around when I have a family so I can partake!!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hey Guys!

There is a pole on http://www.630ched.com/ (right side of homepage closer to the bottom) which is asking if the rodeos should be stopped due to 6 horses already dying in one this year. Please take the few minutes to vote and express your opinion on the use of animals in "entertainment".

Currently " No- the animals are well cared for, accidents happen" is winning at 63%.

~sigh~

Kindest Regards,

VeganTigress

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. This is my first post here. I would just like to say hello to my fellow Alberta veggies. Im living in Edmonton and have recently, about 2 months ago, gone ovo(no lacto) veggi. But have been veggi on and off sisnce I was a kid. Would just like to touch base with any other locals who want to say hi B)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Hey there, sorry I didn't see this for so long!

I'm in Edmonton too. There are a few of us here. How's it going? How are you finding shopping and dining these days?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any groups or charities that share free vegan food to those in need (in Edmonton)? I've heard of "Food not Bombs" but I'm curious if there are any others out there. I'd love to volunteer for something like this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora9kry View Post

Attention Calgarian vegans: Community Natural Foods (downtown) has Daiya vegan shredded cheese! I've heard wonderful things about it online, and purchased some today. Looking forward to eating it very soon!
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely check it out!!! =)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya3 View Post

Does anyone know if there are any groups or charities that share free vegan food to those in need (in Edmonton)? I've heard of "Food not Bombs" but I'm curious if there are any others out there. I'd love to volunteer for something like this.
Hmm, Edmontonian here and I am not sure of anything like that. Your best bet is to contact the vegan & vegetarian's of Alberta. They would know

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Hotel Macdonald's Resturant(In Edmonton) now has it's own vegan menu!! It's yummy! If you don't want something off that menu they will make you anything you like!They even have a selection of vegan friendly wines! Hubby and me go there a lot and have done for 3 years! They made us a 7 course meal for special occasions and if you want a nice romantic meal, they deliver!

If you travel to edmonton it's an awesome hotel too so it's just good to know!

Pop down there for breakfast lunch for dinner! Speak with Mark Crisholm and he will take great care of you and all your vegan and vegetarian needs

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
A friend of mine forwarded me some information about a seminar being held Friday (May 1st) at the Acricom (Northlands) here in Edmonton AB.

"You should leave work early on Friday or take an extended lunch. Farm and Ranch Show has a seminar you may be interested in attending. They are expecting some media coverage. "

2:30 p.m. Business of Beef: Threats to Agriculture from Animal Rights & Environmental Activists
Anne Anderson
Hall B - Business of Beef"

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hey my Edmontonian Friends!

Our Clinic is in need of a home for 2 incredibly sweet female kittens! They are vaccinated and were from a housefire.

They are both perfectly healthy as per our vet and ridculously social because of all the cuddles and snuggles from the staff.

I have already rescued 5 cats so I am at capacity but these little girls are wonderful and need a great home(s).

My favorite is Madeline (maddy for short). She loves to be curled up on your chest and give kisses.

I will post some pics if anyone is interested!

VeganTigress

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi all! I'll be moving to your lovely province soon from BC. Just wanted to say hi :)

401 - 418 of 418 Posts