VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here get really bad headaches from those air fresheners that you plug in? I while back I bought some of those plug in kind at bath and body......cause they have some that smell soooooo good. Well, I had one plugged in in my bedroom and I have been waking up everyday with a splitting headache. This morning I got up and took something and then took the plug in out of the room. I will see if I wake up the same tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've found that I'm pretty much allergic (skull splitting headaches) to anything Bath and Body Works produces because the fragrances are so strong and the alcohol content in a lot of their products is pretty high. I've also heard that cheap ingredients are the true culprit.

Try an oil burner with some essential oils to freshen your space?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like using nag champa.

Either burning as incense or using the sachets of it.

I have one of the sachets hanging in the trunk of my civic, so my sweaty bike stuff doesn't take over the car.

Nag champa has a very pleasant scent..give it a try.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Air fresheners (plug in, spray, or diffusing) all give me allergies and, when the scent is strong, headaches.

Instead, I leave lightly scented candles (I get them at the dollar store and the smell doesn't seem to bother me) around the apartment, including on the back of the toilet (with a pack of matches so guests get the hint) and light them as needed.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
We have a small terra cotta dish with a space beneath it for a tea light candle. Add about four drops of essential oil mixed with eight drops of water to the dish up top. Light the candle beneath and let burn until all of the liquid is gone from the top dish. The scent is light, but effective, you can control how much you use, and these burner things are sold everywhere (at HFS, variety shops, and gifty places like Hallmark).

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
the headaches aren't really allergic reactions, they're actually nerve overdrive type reactions (like stress reactions). and i get them from most schented candles--andsometimes from burning incense, if i don't have enough space in which to burn them.

i use a nebulizer for essential oils. I found one online for $40, which is a good price.

also, for the easiest room freshener, take a grapefruit, orange, lemon, and lime rind and full it with sea salt. It'll make the place smell citris-y

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Kiss My Face room sprays. They have essential oils in them and really freshen up the house.

Nag Champa is also a good choice. I can't burn incense because it irritates me, though.
Here's a website I found for it-

http://www.nagchampa.com/nagchampabath.htm

Oh ya, burning soy wax candles is always a great air freshener, too. I get mine from Kiss My Face, too-

www.kissmyface.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts