VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's spring and the wasps are back. Unfortunately, they just come in the house uninvited and I can't figure out how. We get a ton of them every spring and summer. If anyone knows how to safely get and keep them out of my house, please enlighten me. I don't want to kill them, but I will if that is what I have to do to protect my curious kitties. There is one hanging out in the kitchen now and Jazzy seems to think it would be a good idea to play with him. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you are unable to keep them out and need to kill them there is a poison free wasp killer that is available at Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) out here in California. It's plant based and safe for people and pets. You might even be able to use it as a deterent to the wasps to keep then out of your house. It's put out by a company called Victor. Here's a URL to the product below:

http://www.biconet.com/flyers/poisonfreewasp.html

We use it in the spring and then spray it periodically under the eaves of our house to keep the wasps from building nests. It seems to work very well for us as a repelent, but I'm unsure whether or not it just keeps them away or kills them as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts