VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Arrrg! Me mateys.
6,001 Posts
I love this project, and I also think it's great that celebrities like Ellen sponsor it.

Payton, Amelinda, and Raphael, three of the ones up for 'adoption' this year, are three of my turkey friends at their Orland, California shelter.

Raphael was brought to the shelter last year with two girls that were adopted out, Payton, and I believe Amelinda, along with 9 other baby turkeys were brought there in 2009. The turkey boys are super sweet and are the reason I would like to adopt rescued turkeys one day.

Here's handsome Raphael and three others of the five boys (Jordan, Reese, and I think that might be Payton in the back-left):

· Registered
149 Posts
What a lovely thing to do, you guys are so sweet! What do you do with the turkeys though? Do they keep them as pets? Every year during a certain Islamic festival, I see trucks full of goat on their way to getting slaughtered. I've been told they are sacrificed to feed the poor or something like that. And everytime I see those poor animals..which is every year.. I want to adopt them all. It's nice that people get to adopt turkeys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.