VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this idea that your body is supposed to adjust to increase in water, right? Well, it seems like I still pee all the time (sorry, lind of gross). Do you think it is because of the increase in fiber? Soemtimes I get a dry-ish mouth and stuff (esp. in the mornings). I drink like 3-4 cups at breakfast and a lot more during the day. I don't have dry stools (eww), so I guess it's getting used. Mabye I just have a lot of excess?

I went pee 3-4 times one night, most the time it is 2, and I ususally have to go after every period at school, sometimes twice in one period. Gosh.

·
Registered
828 Posts
excessive thirst and peeing lots are warning signs of diabetes. but it could just be that your body has enuf water and just doesn't need all that you consume.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The bottom line is the more fluid you take in, the more you put out. So if you're drinking more fluid, you're definitely going to pee more, unless you're sweating it out or something.

If you find that you're going more for no apparent reason, I'd say check with your doctor.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Do you drink anything besides water?

I remember reading that caffeine acts as a natural diuretics, and that for every cup you drink you'll excrete one half cup. I assume that what you eat on a daily basis would also effect how much and how often you do your business. Fruits and vegetable would probably cause you to go more often, not only because of fiber, but that there made up mostly water.

I noticed that when I drink pop all night, which I do often, that I go to the bathroom once or twice every two hours, sometimes to more, to urinate.

And as SuperJane pointed out, it's a sign of diabetes. You may want to ask your doctor about getting tested if it continues. Although at your age, unless you have diabetes that run in the family, I doubt it.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
What you all said. You're body adjusts to water by getting rid of it.

Your body has to keep very balanced concentrations of various things.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I've never noticed my body adjusting to more water. I drink a great deal of water (almost a gallon a day), so I pee a lot. I think that's normal. I think it's not normal if you have trouble controlling your bladder. I pee frequently, but I can "hold it" if I have to. Sorry if that's more information than you wanted to know...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sheesh Keegan, stop drinking water and drink something with some friggin calories in it.

3-4 cups at breakfast? Excuse me? Drink some juice or soy milk.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
A nod to Krista.

Water has this way of.. going right through you. Sometimes only sugary juices or pop will quench thirst. I had a runner explain this to me once.. Something about the sugars helps your body absorb the fluid, instead of just peeing it straight out.

DRINK SOME JUICE!

·
Registered
685 Posts
charity....true that about the sugar/water combo. i've heard that too. that's why sometimes, sugered energy drinks (ie gatorade) are good for a hangover, even tho sometimes the taste of sugar makes you wanna puke. that's why when you are in the hospitable for being dehydrated they give you a sugar/water combination in your iv. (no this has never happened to me but i had to take a boyfriend for it once)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Keegan;

Quote:
I had this idea that your body is supposed to adjust to increase in water, right?
If you're thinking that your body will adjust to the water and eventually you won't have to pee all the time, I doubt that's true. If you're drinking more water than your body uses it has to go somewhere.

You're peeing a lot because you're drinking a lot of water and on top of that you're eating a lot of foods with high water contents.

Water has NO calories so it's not going to help you put on weight. Drinking fruit juices or soymilk instead would help though. If the liquid contained an average of 80 kcals/cup and you drank 8 cups/day you would be getting an extra 640 kcals/day which is quite a bit.

You probably don't need to drink a lot of water (or other liquids) every day because you are getting a lot of water in your foods. Drinking large amounts of water during meals might reduce your calorie consumption if it contributes to your feeling full and you eat less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.