VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm sort of surprised she was allowed to change her name to that, I thought they were strict about making sure you don't pick names that are obscene or promotional for instance.

I figured it was just a publicity stunt, they got media attention and although most people will just say "what nuts", perhaps it'll drive some veg curious folks in the right direction, to the web site & to veg*nism! I'd bet she's back to her regular name within a year.

Hmm.. Goveg Dotcom (sounds sort of middle eastern, say it.. lol)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Aw, man, I was going to post this! Bizarre indeed. Veggieboards.com is a much nicer name than goveg.com. Go for it, Michael!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Arrrgh, noo.. All this will do is further people's notion that animal rights activists are idiots.. What positive could possibly come out of this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just heard about this on the radio this morning. It'll get people's attention, but I think it's the wrong kind of attention. She's really being laughed at so far.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Personally I think the name change is silly. Regardless, it will expose people to vegetarianism. What if she just changed her middle name to GoVeg.com? It still would have received a lot of exposure. What about if she just wore a GoVeg.com T-shirt on a daily basis?

The BEST part of this article was: "It sounds like she needs to get a life," says Kara Flynn, a spokeswoman for the National Pork Producers Council, a lobbying group in Washington. "If she actually went on a farm and saw what was happening there, she might be pleasantly surprised."

She needs to get a life? Maybe the council should consider not decimating life. It doesn't matter how the animals are treated, they will all be murdered in the name of food. How can anyone be pleasantly surprised by that?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Hah! - I think it's great. Why not do it? People should loosen up just a little bit - sheesh. She's having fun with it - and making her statement with it. She can always change her name back later when she get's it out of her system (the name thing - not the veg thing)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dvmarie

Hah! - I think it's great. Why not do it? People should loosen up just a little bit - sheesh. She's having fun with it - and making her statement with it. She can always change her name back later when she get's it out of her system (the name thing - not the veg thing)
No doubt!
Loosen up - it's only a name and a publicity move that, like I said in another tread, obviously got the meat and dairy industry's shorts in a knot. HAHAHA!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts