VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got this action alert and thought I'd pass it along. How cool would it be if Morningstar's stuff was all vegan? A win for the animals and a win for us -- more ready-to-go vegan food! There's a quick form to fill out here: http://www.morningstar-egg-facts.com...t-morningstar/

- please cross post -

Help End Animal Cruelty: Ask Morningstar Farms® to Stop Using Eggs!

Compassion Over Killing and Vegan Outreach are teaming up with compassionate people everywhere to ask Morningstar Farms® to stop using eggs in its product line.

Morningstar Farms®, which is owned by the Kellogg® company, is currently purchasing eggs produced by hens confined inside barren wire battery cages. Battery caged hens are typically provided with a meager 67 square inches of space in which to livethat's less than the size of one sheet of notebook paper. These birds are so intensively confined for their entire lives that they are denied their natural inclinations to spread their wings, perch, preen, or even walk.

Morningstar Farms® has long been a leader in supplying delicious vegetarian foods to a growing market. Let them know that the market also wants them to remove their support from the cruel battery egg industry. Please encourage them to join with companies like Gardenburger®, which last year announced it has taken eggs out of all its products except for one private-sourced item.

Take action today by submitting your comments online!

It is crucial that Morningstar Farms® hear from consumers like youplease forward this message widely! Thank you for helping make a difference for egg-laying hens.

Learn more about this campaign and other ways you can help at Morningstar-Egg-Facts.com.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm vegetarian and I love Morningstar Spicy Black Bean Burgers. I wouldn't mind if they were vegan, I would still eat their food. I have a vegan friend, and I make him stuff all the time because he is lazy. But I still eat the stuff even though it is vegan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is there some conspiracy to keep me from finding the eggless Morningstar products? Their Chick'n Nuggets are delicious, but they have eggs in them. The Chick'n Strips are supposed to be egg-free, but I've already checked Kroger and Wal-Mart and I still haven't seen any.

(It also seems impossible to find Top Ramen now that I'm specifically looking for it, even though I've seen it in stores and eaten it before.)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Filled out the form. I didn't know they were abused chickens. No more MorningStar until they save money and animals by switching to an egg replacement like potato starch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts