VeggieBoards banner

Action Alert: Puppy bound, set on fire, baked to death in oven

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MNM03 
#1 ·

This action alert expires on Oct 1, 2006!

Two Atlanta brothers are in custody at the Fulton County jail charged with the torture death of a five-month old puppy and trashing a local apartment complex.

Seventeen-year old Joshua Molder and 18-year old Justin Molder are being held without bond.

The Molder brothers stand accused of covering a puppy with paint, hog tying it, trying to set it on fire and when that didn't work, baking the puppy to death in an oven.

As you may know, the connection between animal cruelty and interpersonal violence has been established for many years. FBI Supervisory Special Agent Allen Brantley was quoted as saying "Animal cruelty... is not a harmless venting of emotion in a healthy individual; this is a warning sign." Joshua and Justin Molder's actions in this case meet several of the factors that are considered high-risk for future violence against humans, as outlined by Dr. Randall Lockwood.

Please help ensure that justice is served in this unthinkably cruel case. Take a moment to send a polite letter to the prosecutor in this case, asking for vigorous prosecution, as well as the maximum jail time, a heavy fine and mandatory psychological counseling if the Molders are convicted.

Please write to this District Attorney urging him to seek a tougher sentence for these teens. What they did to that Five month old puppy was just heartless.

Contacts

The Honorable Paul L. Howard Office of Fulton County District Attorney

136 Pryor Street, 3rd Floor

Atlanta, GA 30303-3477

OR

*You can sign this petition*

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1158229686

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
As you may know, the connection between animal cruelty and interpersonal violence has been established for many years. FBI Supervisory Special Agent Allen Brantley was quoted as saying "Animal cruelty... is not a harmless venting of emotion in a healthy individual; this is a warning sign."
I dunno why but this quote bugs me, it's almost like he's saying it would just be a "harmless venting of emotion" if they ONLY did it to non-human animals and didn't move on to harm humans too, and the only reason people should be worried about it is because it's a warning that they may go on to harm humans.

Well either way I signed the petition and hope these sickos get the maximum punishment possible for such a twisted crime.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by manics_fan View Post

I dunno why but this quote bugs me, it's almost like he's saying it would just be a "harmless venting of emotion" if they ONLY did it to non-human animals and didn't move on to harm humans too, and the only reason people should be worried about it is because it's a warning that they may go on to harm humans.

Well either way I signed the petition and hope these sickos get the maximum punishment possible for such a twisted crime.
Good catch and well said!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.