VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone


I used to wear acrylic nails for AGES, and I would do them myself here at home since i have all the equipment... anywho, i used to use sally hansen products since they were what was available, but i see now that they test on animals. I've also used the Sally brand, and i dont know much about them...

is there any acrylic powder and liquid that has not been tested on animals, and even better yet, vegan?

Just curious
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Now all the stuff I find says Sally Hansen does test on animals. I hate that ****. WTF? It's the same with L'Oreal. I read they didn't test, and so I was buying L'Oreal stuff, then started seeing that they did test.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
My nail chick uses Creative Nail Design acrylic and I have Creative Nail Design solar (cuticle) oil. I saw them on a website that stated all the lines they promote do not test on animals, however I didn't find anything on CND's actual website. I sent them an email, I'll post their response here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Now all the stuff I find says Sally Hansen does test on animals. I hate that ****. WTF? It's the same with L'Oreal. I read they didn't test, and so I was buying L'Oreal stuff, then started seeing that they did test.
I know! that makes me so mad too. and a little paranoid. anytime they want companies can just start it up again. makes me wonder what those moratoriams are for? anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

My nail chick uses Creative Nail Design acrylic and I have Creative Nail Design solar (cuticle) oil. I saw them on a website that stated all the lines they promote do not test on animals, however I didn't find anything on CND's actual website. I sent them an email, I'll post their response here.
Thanks for going to the trouble! I really appreciate it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

My nail chick uses Creative Nail Design acrylic and I have Creative Nail Design solar (cuticle) oil. I saw them on a website that stated all the lines they promote do not test on animals, however I didn't find anything on CND's actual website. I sent them an email, I'll post their response here.
You confused me there...I was wondering why Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (yay) would be talking about acrylic nails!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapower View Post

You confused me there...I was wondering why Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (yay) would be talking about acrylic nails!!!
! I figured if I typed out the full name a couple times, people would understand when I used the initials later.

It's kind of like when I see "STD" related to work (Short term disability.) I still giggle and think "What?!" before I realize and say to myself "Oh, duh!"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Okey doke, I got a response from Creative Nail Design:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Nail Design View Post

Hi Jessica,

Creative Nail Design creates products from a combination of chemicals,

vitamins, and botanicals. Creative Nail Design is animal friendly as well

as environmentally friendly. We are diligent in our research and

development of totally safe products and take great pride in providing the

finest quality products to professional nail technicians and consumers.

There is no need for any type of animal by-products in our products as

these are "chemical" treatments. Also, since these products are not made

for use on animals they are not tested on such.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any additional questions or

needs.

Thank you for making this a Creative day!

Sincerely,

Candace Smith

Hotline Technician

Creative Nail Design
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top