VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Something with either AHA (glycolic or lactic acid) or enzymes. Also vitamin C is good as well. A combo of an AHA and Vitamin C product is pretty effective for getting rid of red marks/scars.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HI,

I had a $3,000 laser resurfacing done for my acne scars and I still have scars. Granted, they are a little better, but that didn't even take them away. I thought it would. But my skin looks much better.

What I have found that works really well and keeps wrinkles at bay is coconut oil. Pure virgin organic cococut oil. Not the refind stuff. I wash with an organic cleaner and put coconut oil on my face and around my eyes. That's all I do. Coconut oil has a real bacteria fighter built in, plus, it's a medium chain fatty acid. Great for the skin and the inside of your body. I also put it on my hair. It makes it so shiney!! I also cook with it.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
If you are talking about pits, I don't think those can even be partially removed without professional treatments like chemical peels or lasers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How would use use the Vitamin E to clear scars. I have seen it sold in capsules to eat but would you rub it on your face?

By the way www.veganessentials.com has a wonderful selection of organic natural acne cleansers, creams, and masks. I have tried some of them and they work pretty well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Proactiv makes a "skin lightening" lotion. I bought it but I'm too lazy to put it on often enough for it to work. The lady at the Proactiv kiosk said it works though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Proactiv tests on animals, doesn't it? Let a lone all of the chemicals they use, so to hell with that IMO. Most of those 'scar serums' are mainly vitamin E, you can buy liquid vitamin E in vitamin shops and just put it on your skin. You can also eat the liquid stuff and that way not have to buy the gelatin capsule E vitamins. Rub the liquid on your nails and cuticles makes them grow great.

There's also a process called "photo derm" that works best with old scars, it's a plastic surgery type of thing. Also recommend lots of exfoliating, which is what AHA does too. I don't know how 'natural' AHA is though, maybe just try using lots of scrubs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts