VeggieBoards banner

Accidently ate dairy and now I'm sick.

30K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
My Mom got me a burrito and I think it had sour cream in it. What can I do to feel better faster? I always feel my worse at night. I'll wake up at 3 in the morning and feel all nasiated. This has been going on since Friday!

#5 ·
I can always tell when I have accidently ingested dairy--the next day my head is full of snot and I can't breathe through my nose.

No advice just hope you feel better soon. Maybe some ginger (ginger biscuits/tea/crystalized ginger/ginger ale) can help with tummy trouble.

#6 ·
I am sorta with Michael - in that I believe its probably not the dairy. There might have been another problem with the burrito, or something else you've eaten. If symptoms are very severe you could have food poisoning or even salmonella. I don't believe a little sour cream should mess up your system like that, even if you haven't had it in years. Even my lactose intolerant friends, when they accidentally eat it, usually are only in the bathroom for a couple hours, at the most a day.

#7 ·
It could be the dairy, I eat dairy still but if I get ahold of anything with meat stock or something like that a hidden meat product I get sick, stomach cramps, diarrhea and nausia.

Only thing that helps is time, can take a few days to get over it.

Last time took me like 5 days before I stoped having to run to the bathroom.

#9 ·
Yah I once had diarrhea for a whole week; I never did figure out why, but it stopped eventually. I suggest some miso soup or ginger tea to settle your stomach, and wait it out. If it lasts longer than a week, though, perhaps you should see a doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.