VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start? The beginning! No, too long! Short version:

A vegetarian transitioning to vegan. My husband is pretty much omni, but leans more towards eating vegetarian most of the time. He's considering giving up dairy as well. We try to shop frugally, but tend to splurge on fresh veg and fruit rather than meals out.

I am hoping we're going to stick to it and do it right.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards.

How long have you been vegetarian for? I was vegetarian for 3 years prior to becoming vegan in September 1996.

Can't understand why some people spend fortunes in restaurants etc, when you can buy so much more food for the same amount of money spent on just one meal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've only been vegetarian for a couple months (well, vegetarian at home for my husband). I was a vegetarian for years when I was younger. I didn't do it very healthfully then. This feels like a more natural progression. I might take a while the point where I can call myself vegan, but I am aiming at trying to eliminate animal products. Right now I am really strict vegetarian, I guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Molly,

You and your husband sound just like my hubby & me. Even if he never goes veg, I'm grateful for his understanding and support...that & he'll eat everything I make!

Cheers, Janel

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Molly! Check out the Vegan Discussion board for helpful advice on how to make the transition, and feel free to ask us any questions you might have.
Personally, for me it was watching Earthlings that got me to finally make the switch to veganism, from vegetarianism. There was no going back after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.