VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Around here there is one variety of oatmeal cinnamon Girl Scout cookies that is vegan.

I think mint oreos (vegan) taste sort of like thin mints.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjayn1980 View Post

I thought they had lard in them . . . in the filling . . .
no

they had whey until several years ago, they likely have not had lard since some time in the 80s (or ever)

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the mint ones existed at the time they had lard in them (back at least to the 80s).

Some GS cookies are vegan. Generally, the ingredients are listed right on the order sheets, so it's fairly easy to tell. They use 2 or 3 bakeries (wrt US Scouts), so the options vary depending on which part of the country you're in.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Excuse me, maybe I'm out of line, but So What??!!! This board is NOT supposed to be exclusively Vegan, unless I missed a memo.

No, Girl Scout Cookies aren't vegan. Who cares? This is NOT an exclusively vegan site. If you wish to complain about how unVegan something is, please choose a Vegan site and complain there.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
BeanLady...there's no need to be defensive here.

Lots of us who are vegan miss certain lacto-ovo foods. Occasionally there will be a post about some such food. "I miss cheese pizza" "I'm dying for sour cream potato chips" or whatever. Posting these things isn't a slam against non-vegans. Others can post and sympathize, and maybe even offer some suggestions of substitions.

The op does NOT need to seek out a vegan site. Vegans are perfectly welcome here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanLady View Post

Excuse me, maybe I'm out of line, but So What??!!! This board is NOT supposed to be exclusively Vegan, unless I missed a memo.

No, Girl Scout Cookies aren't vegan. Who cares? This is NOT an exclusively vegan site. If you wish to complain about how unVegan something is, please choose a Vegan site and complain there.
unless i missed a memo, this site isn't exclusively for lacto and/or ovo veggies, but for vegetarians of all stripes which includes vegans.

if you're desperate to complain about vegans maybe you should choose a site for anti-vegan omnivores who eat flesh and/or milk & eggs but pitch a fit if someone else chooses herbivorism or ethical vegetarianism.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:

who cares? vegans care. 'coz they miss them and stuff.

I think Jen pretty much answered this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Quote:

you ARE out of line.

VB includes veg, vegan and raw foodies.

(rawEos---yuuummmmm)

maybe YOU need to find a veggies against vegans board.

as for GS cookies in general, my office got a sample box (newspapers goodies, gotta love 'em) tha damn things are LOADED with saturated fat, and the sugar free (diabetic -friendly) cookies were the HIGHEST. Then thin mints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts