VeggieBoards banner

What should be on an animal charity's home page?

• Static content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • News/changing content

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Lolcats

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be on a home page?

Let's say it's an animal charity's website.

Should it be static, or changing? Does news belong on a home page or should it go in blog entries? What would you put on the home page?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I think it should be a hybrid of both. There should be a prominent place where news is shown, perhaps cycled through like a slideshow like on many websites, but it must also be static enough that visitors can find all the information they need quickly.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Maybe static outline, and a few elements. I do think the charity's latest accomplishment and news should play some part. lolcats = no thanks. At least I find them stupid and not serious at all.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Maybe static outline, and a few elements. I do think the charity's latest accomplishment and news should play some part. lolcats = no thanks. At least I find them stupid and not serious at all.
Lolcats was just a silly option for people who don't care about my poll but like to vote anyway

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'd say center of the page with current news, but a sidebar with static content (different departments/faq/contact info/etc.)

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has a menu bar at the top with links to all the other pages, most of them static information but also blog posts and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts