VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Before seeing the error of my ways, I was a meat eater and my dad always comforted my hangover with a bacon sandwich. When I became a vegan overnight I thought I would miss it and funnily enough people always ask me if I miss bacon? For the record I don't, but I think I may have found a healthy, vegan alternative that apparently tastes like bacon - Dulse Seaweed. Read more for health benefits....
It can be added to soups, desserts, bread, chowders and salads or deep fried to make crisps. I will fry it this weekend and see if it really does taste like bacon!

Nutritional benefits
Dulse is very rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin A. It is also an exceptional source of fibre (up to 30% when dried) and is bulking with proteins (up to 35%). It further contains a range of trace elements such as iron, sodium and potassium that are essential for your body’s every day functioning. In fact, there is more iron in 8 gram dried dulse than in a 100 gram sirloin steak! It even has twice the nutritional value of kale

Health Benefits
Anti-oxidant
Diminish risk of cardiovascular disease
Anti-inflammatory
Neuroprotective
Helps to treat blocked arteries
Helps to prevent liver damage

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've heard so much about this! I haven't had bacon since I was five years old, so I don't miss it or even remember what it tastes like. However, I do really like seaweed snacks, so I'm interested to try this. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've heard so much about this! I haven't had bacon since I was five years old, so I don't miss it or even remember what it tastes like. However, I do really like seaweed snacks, so I'm interested to try this. Where did you get it?
I too have heard about this and am highly interested. No sense in lying, I loved bacon. And not in the ironic way.

I'd love love love a bacon that doesn't involve what I've seen. I cannot be a part of that. I still see vids in my head when I see the packages.

Will have to try this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts