VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, and I apologise if this isn't supposed to be here or if there are duplicates. Still relatively new and trying to work the forum out.

What do you guys eat for a treat or a snack as it were?

I've become extreamly partial to Tesco's Natural Coloured Marzipan.

Which is brilliant because it's only 28p for 250g at the moment and I have a discount card. Lol.

So when i'm feeling a bit meh, or want something sweet thats what I tend to reach for. Only problem is it's soo addictive. Lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I lurve to snack on samosas if they're not too spicy.

As for sweet things, I love Sojasun yoghurt jars especially the strawberry, it's so flavoursome, but they're quite expensive and I usually get them half price plus staff discount! Marzipan-wise I just discovered Ritter Sport dark marzipan bar recently, which is really nice, but not as cheap as your tesco marzipan. I wouldn't eat that all the time though.

I like Alpro shakes as well and raspberry ruffle bars and many other things I can't remember right now...I can never think when it comes to food, I like variety.

Congratulations on your recent transition to veganism by the way, I was in the same position last month!

·
Registered
18,178 Posts
rice milk chocolate bars...chocolate alpro soymilk, swdish glace ice cream, mango sorbet, green & blacks maya gold, crisps (chips), vegan chocolate cake if I can get it

I didn't want to say this because it sounds boring...but I can't help it...I really love almost all fruit

oh, and vegan ready-to-eat jellyu (Jell-O?) pots.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

rice milk chocolate bars.
Where can I buy rice milk chocolate bars???? Someone tell me, please!

(I live in the UK.)

·
Registered
18,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangogirl View Post

Where can I buy rice milk chocolate bars???? Someone tell me, please!

(I live in the UK.)
tesco sell them...'rice crackle' ones with bits of popped rice in, and 'tangerine' flavour ones. Morrisons sell the 'rice crackle' ones, too. Can't remember the brand, but you'll find them in the 'free from'/allergy aisle

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My new favourite treat is raw fudge made by zooshing 1 1/2 cups walnuts into coarse crumbs in the food processor then adding 8 pitted medjool dates, 1/4 cup Green and Black's cocoa powder plus 1 tsp vanilla essence . Add 2 tsp of water and zoosh again then roll into balls and roll in coconut. Store in the fridge--seriously yummy and no refined sugar. They are so rich you can only eat 2-3 at a time and it satisfies my sweet/chocolate cravings.

For salty cravings I like popcorn with nutritional yeast or a toasted seedy wholemeal bagel with "butter" and nutrtitional yeast.

Or those seaweed peanuts you buy at Holland and Barrett. I don't buy them that often because I can eat a whole bag at one sitting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.